Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By algee650
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Default Want to update now but I can't install Kies "error -2...feature transfer error"

I've downloaded the correct version (Windows) and tried running it as admin (even tho I'm logged in as admin). Updated Java (just because) rebooted several times and nothing. Searched here and the interwebs and can't find anything. I must be the only one with this problem

Any other suggestions??

Help!

Thanks!

Default Re: Want to update now but I can't install Kies "error -2...feature transfer error"

Yup go here to Samsung's Live Chat, they are very helpful.

Live Chat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Default Re: Want to update now but I can't install Kies "error -2...feature transfer error"

Thank you!! I'm on chat with them now.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

They fixed it!! I still can't believe I'm still up doing this sh**...hahaha

Now I'm sitting here (after 2hrs) looking at my phone thinking "what's the big deal?"

What was the fix ??

Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    They fixed it!! I still can't believe I'm still up doing this sh**...hahaha

Now I'm sitting here (after 2hrs) looking at my phone thinking "what's the big deal?"
    Yeah it's usually something simple to fix it and quicker than trying 50 other fixes that 50 different people got to work lol
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Google Now is a big one, and the brightness is WAY WAY WAY up on the screen for me. I have my brightness slider all the way down and the phone is STILL bright enough for me to use.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Apparently the version of Kies I was downloading was the wrong version. The tech sent me another link (both were from Samsung.com) and it worked. I should've saved it, but this is the link that wasn't working for me...

Kies - Sync Media, Contacts & Calendars Across All Devices | Samsung

The link they sent me was a lot longer.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Yeah it's usually something simple to fix it and quicker than trying 50 other fixes that 50 different people got to work lol
    Thanks again Kelly!

Take a look at the properties of the installed Kies app, what's the version number of the exe?

I did the live chate and that was absolutely a waste of time.

You are now chatting with 'Pamera'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56402172820X

Pamera: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    Visitor: Hello. The Kies installer is failing at each attempt. Feature transfer error -2
    Pamera: I am sorry to hear that.
    Pamera: I will be glad to assist you regarding the Kies installing issue.
    Pamera: Please let me know the model number of the device.
    Visitor: Galaxy S3 i747
    Visitor: But actually, the phone is fine.
    Visitor: ATT finally came out with the Jelly bean update and Kies is needed to install it.
    Visitor: Thats where the problem is, I cant install the Kies exe on my Win7 64bit computer
    Pamera: Please let me know the link from where you have downloaded the Kies software.
    Visitor: The Samsung US Kies site: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co.../KiesSetup.exe
    Pamera: Thank you.
    Visitor: Welcome
    Pamera: Does the PC have antivirus or firewall installed?
    Visitor: It did but I disabled them, retried and still got the error.
    Visitor: Kies - Sync Media, Contacts & Calendars Across All Devices | Samsung
    Visitor: Sorry, I didnt mean to send that url
    Pamera: Not a problem.
    Pamera: Have you rebooted the PC after disabling the antivirus software to make it effective?
    Visitor: Oh yea.
    Visitor: I work in computer support so please believe that I have tried everything before reaching out for help
    Visitor: I read on a forum where someone having the same problem was given the link to download a previous version by your team.
    Pamera: I do understand your concern.
    Pamera: If we install the previous version software of Kies, it will automatically updates to latest version.
    Visitor: Well, lets give it a shot. I feel its something with this version's installer.
    Visitor: Maybe once the older installer gets the program on my computer, the update will happen smoothly from there.
    Pamera: I request you to try on another PC to verify whether the issue is with the PC or software.
    Visitor: Right now all I have with me is this laptop.
    Visitor: Ive never had an installer issue on this computer before.
    Pamera: We have tried with all the possible troubleshooting steps. However, the issue persists.
    Pamera: At this point in time I request you to contact the voice support team at the number mentioned below for further assistance regarding the issue.
    Pamera: You can contact our voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST).
    Pamera: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Visitor: The error reads "Error: -2 The system cannot find the file specified."
    Visitor: What?>
    Visitor: Don't you have a link to a previous version ?
    Pamera: I am sorry to inform you that, we do not have the link for previous versions.
    Visitor: Ok then. Thanks for your time.
    Pamera: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Visitor: Outside of this issue, no.
    Pamera: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue X close button to receive a transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better. Have a wonderful day!
    Chat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.

Exact same problem here, the chat person was totally clueless. Did you ever find a fix?

Exact same problem. I am facing this problem with only one of my desktop computers since last 3 months!!. I am at my wits end here. The older version of kies still installs in a fly. However when i try to update to newer version, the same error: -2 feature transfer error - the system cannot find the file specified. The latest version has some cool feature like Kies Air message etc., which i need to use. any suggestions anyone ?

I have the exact same problem , Can you give the link they gave you ?

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taha Syed View Post
    Can you give the link they gave you?
    Perhaps this will help http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059171/81102

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk