READY TO SPEAK Google Now with Home button Double Click here

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm seeing this asked all over and there are various answers, I'm going to do a new thread that shows how you can get Google Now, ready to speak (you do not have to say "Google" to wake it up) with the double click of your home button.

First, diable S-Voice under Settings, Application Manger, All Apps and click "disable" at the top right beside "Force stop", then proceed to the next steps.

This app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eikatou0.appspot.home2shortcut&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5laWthdG91MC5hcHBzcG90LmhvbWUyc2hvcnRjdXQiXQ..

Look at the app pics, make sure the last step when you close and it asks, you choose HOME2 as the default.

Now, step #1

For the Home>Home choose the App "Voice Search" and not the "Google" app if you want to double click the home button and the "speak now" option is up and you do not have to wake it up by saying "Google"

Step 3, the HOME application will be TouchWiz or a Launcher if you are using one.

Then the step, step 4 I talked about above, it's easy to miss if you aren't careful because you are used to telling it to use a launcher here, choose the "Home2" option after tapping close. That will now bring up the Google Now "voice searching option" when you double click. Also add the Voice Search app (the one with the mic picture) to your lock screen, which BTW, can now have 5 icons instead of 4.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is Google Now really that much better than S-Voice or the Speaktoit Assistant app and how?

Oh yes, it's a lot better. First, it understands much better and also, from what I understand, it is now set up to take dictation when there is no signal. It's not done "in the cloud" so network issues do not affect it understanding you. Also, if you use the cards, it is supposed to "learn" what you do and anticipate what you will want. It will tell you if there is a lot of traffic in the morning before you leave for work if you set it up that way. I'm just starting to play with it. As far as texting and calling people and emailing people, it gets the info correct a lot more than S Voice.

iPhoneatWork

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm seeing this asked all over and there are various answers, I'm going to do a new thread that shows how you can get Google Now, ready to speak (you do not have to say "Google" to wake it up) with the double click of your home button.

This app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eikatou0.appspot.home2shortcut&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5laWthdG91MC5hcHBzcG90LmhvbWUyc2hvcnRjdXQiXQ..

Look at the app pics, make sure the last step when you close and it asks, you choose HOME2 as the default.

Now, step #1

For the Home>Home choose the App "Voice Search" and not the "Google" app if you want to double click the home button and the "speak now" option is up and you do not have to wake it up by saying "Google"

Step 3, the HOME application will be TouchWiz or a Launcher if you are using one.

Then the step, step 4 I talked about above, it's easy to miss if you aren't careful because you are used to telling it to use a launcher here, choose the "Home2" option after tapping close. That will now bring up the Google Now "voice searching option" when you double click. Also add the Voice Search app (the one with the mic picture) to your lock screen, which BTW, can now have 5 icons instead of 4.

step 4 doesn't work. when I click the close button, it closes the app and doesn't ask for a default app.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Some one else said it didn't, I thought it didn't for me the first time, but then I remembered it flashing right past me. It won't ask again and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and then clearing the data in that and in TouchWiz but clearing the data in TouchWiz didn't work for me. So with it still installed, I installed Apex and when it finished, I hit the "home button and I had 3 choices for "home" and that was Apex, Home2 and TouchWiz. Then I went back into Home2, went through the steps again and it popped up then and I picked "Home2" then. It's working great now.

edited to add:

I then uninstalled Apex because I use TouchWiz, not a Market Launcher.

kbourqu

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Its still not working for me. I did everything like you said, and its still coming up as S Voice. I've attached a screen shot of how I have my settings. Is anything missing or wrong?

Attachments

• home 2 short.png
    home 2 short.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 43

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Its still not working for me. I did everything like you said, and its still coming up as S Voice. I've attached a screen shot of how I have my settings. Is anything missing or wrong?

Ok, edited my original post about disabling S-Voice..forgot the really big thing :-! but your other settings are great!

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I also chose the wrong app for default actions. What you can do is either go and check if there are any default actions saved to Touch Wiz or Home2. If there is just reset it, then you'll get the option to choose on step 4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I also chose the wrong app for default actions. What you can do is either go and check if there are any default actions saved to Touch Wiz or Home2. If there is just reset it, then you'll get the option to choose on step 4

I tried clearing the data for TouchWiz and Home2 and it still didn't ask me again until I did a temporary install of another launcher. I'm just glad between about 4 of us we got this all figured out the other night because all of us wanted it to pop up with the double click home.

Also if you put it on your lock screen, you can bring it up when the screen is locked and then that's how we discovered you can now have 5 icons on the lock screen.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How do you put it on the lock screen?

Settings>Lock Screen>Lock Screen Options>Shortcuts

Hit the + sign and then go to the "Voice Search" and choose it., You drag the icons off the screen there like you do at the bottom of your home page. Also, did you know you can unlock at that screen and go to the app you choose?