Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zapfrog
  • 1 Post By naviwilliams
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,948 Global Posts

Default Official AT&T Jelly Bean and Notifications

I have a standard AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 with official Jelly Bean via Keis.

I only installed it yesterday, and thus far it seems to me that notifications are rather poor. I've received emails and the likes, with no vibrate, LED notification, sound or anything.

Anyone else noticing this?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Official AT&T Jelly Bean and Notifications

I was wondering about this but I'm using GO Notifications which has worked just fine.
    XChrisX likes this.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

After updating, I noticed my texts started to arrive with both sound and vibration. The vibration was new. I turned it off in settings. Apparently the update is capable of altering this stuff.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,948 Global Posts

I've just rechecked my sound and vibration settings, and restarted my device.

Let's see how it performs now.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I can't seem to stop the sound and vibrate for incoming sms messages. It's quite annoying. Anyone else having that issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

My notifications have been just fine.

There are a couple of places for notifications, the ones for texting and the ones for the entire phone.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,948 Global Posts

For the entire day it seems to have worked as it should.

go to sounds on settings and there are more options for notifications there too. i took the vibrate setting all the way down to off.

I got lucky. Mine works just fine

Same here. Notification LED stopped working for incoming texts, calls, emails. The only thing it does now is show red when it's charging, and green when it's fully charged. Thanks Google ... you made my phone less capable ... must be an undocumented feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I have a standard AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 with official Jelly Bean via Keis.

I only installed it yesterday, and thus far it seems to me that notifications are rather poor. I've received emails and the likes, with no vibrate, LED notification, sound or anything.

Anyone else noticing this?

Thanks in advance

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

My facebook notifications seemed a little shoddy for a bit, but seemed to eventually work itself out.

I noticed the LED notification light is different now and to be honest, I actually feel my phone is less snappy than before updating. Also, when I press and hold the home key to swipe apps away, it takes far longer than it did with ICS. The good news is Google Now works great, but otherwise I don't see any real major changes. If anything the phone doesn't perform as well as it did with 4.0.4.. My two cents.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,948 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    I noticed the LED notification light is different now and to be honest, I actually feel my phone is less snappy than before updating. Also, when I press and hold the home key to swipe apps away, it takes far longer than it did with ICS. The good news is Google Now works great, but otherwise I don't see any real major changes. If anything the phone doesn't perform as well as it did with 4.0.4.. My two cents.
    I totally agree!

As a test, press the volume button up or down (for vibrate etc.) and you're really see how slow it is.
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

My notifications haven't missed a beat. They've been perfect since the upgrade.

The only big thing I noticed is that my battery life suffered a little bit. And because I also suffer from the random plummet problem, I decided to just format my SD card, factory reset the phone, and start all over again with a fresh 4.1.1. I spent the second half of the day installing apps and setting things up (blech).

I'm experiencing a few glitches that didn't happen before the update:
    1. For some reason, I can't change the wallpaper of the lock screen. I changed the background of the phone, but the lock screen (pin) still has that stupid dandelion. Before I reset the phone, it used the phone wallpaper for the lock screen wallpaper. WTH? (Well, figured that one out)
    2. As someone else mentioned, "AT&T" sometimes appears in the upper left corner. It used to just be there when the lock screen was on and would go away when I unlocked the phone. Now, once in a while, it sticks around and clutters up my notification bar while I'm using the phone.
    3. I had it set to turn off the screen after 1 minute of inactivity, but wait another 15 seconds before locking the screen (so if the screen went dark, I'd have another 15 seconds where I could unlock it with just a swipe and not have to put in my pin). Now, if both settings aren't set to 1 minute, the phone goes dark after 10 seconds. Not a big problem, but if the screen goes dark, the phone locks immediately and I don't have that 15-second grace period.

Weird.

You sr. Are an *****. You are the one that installed jelly bean. Why are you thanking google for you own ing doing. You did it no one made you do it deal with it. You are the only responsible for this. Dont find some one to blame. Sorry I was harsh. Just do a recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,948 Global Posts

Since Wednesday, I think that's when I installed Jelly Bean, the battery life has been fine.

Yesterday evening I installed Twitter. I was using Plume, but got tired of the slow notifications (i.e. every ten minutes), and my battery went from 98% to 17% in five hours!

As you can imagine I'm not impressed. And to think I was asleep and NO apps were running when I put the device down. I'm certainly not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcontra View Post
    You sr. Are an *****. You are the one that installed jelly bean. Why are you thanking google for you own ing doing. You did it no one made you do it deal with it. You are the only responsible for this. Dont find some one to blame. Sorry I was harsh. Just do a recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Harsh man!

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I totally agree!

As a test, press the volume button up or down (for vibrate etc.) and you're really see how slow it is.
    I don't see what you guys are talking about...mine is fast and snappy...no lag whatsoever....maybe I got lucky lol

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I don't see what you guys are talking about...mine is fast and snappy...no lag whatsoever....maybe I got lucky lol
    I'm with you! My phone is flying and notifications work great. Battery life is about the same...I dunno

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,948 Global Posts

Funny you should say that, this evening it is working much better. I even performed the test I initially suggested and it is working as it should.

I bet my device heard me talking about resetting it to factory, and it got scared

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

I hate jelly bean. I want my data button back. Im not blind so I do not need driving mode. Furthermore, it is annoying that i have to clutter my phone with widgets just so I can get functionality back. Widgits are for idjits. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sent from my imaginary construct to you.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,948 Global Posts

I understand 'some' of your frustrations. But rather harsh, no?

Quote Originally Posted by frekiluv View Post
    I hate jelly bean. I want my data button back. Im not blind so I do not need driving mode. Furthermore, it is annoying that i have to clutter my phone with widgets just so I can get functionality back. Widgits are for idjits. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sent from my imaginary construct to you.