1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data toggle in notifications JB.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the mobile data toggle button back into the notification menu on jellybean? (att gs3 jellybean)
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Data toggle in notifications JB.

No, they disabled a button with the Gingerbread update and I ended up finding an app that put a button on my home screen for that.

You might want to search the play store for "data toggle".
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That blows! I definitely had it on ice cream sandwich though... Not sure why they would delete it.

They did that with Froyo to Gingerbread, they removed the button to toggle to vibration and silent..which I thought was back on ICS and it was, but it is gone again now. Guess I'm off to download that app again.

Unfortunately they took it out of the notification bar in JB, but it's still in the phone settings itself. Not a very intuitive way of doing it on the fly though.

Yes. The JB update I got yesterday messed with the keyboard haptic feedback. I turned it off earlier and after the update the stupid thing came back. Also removing the mobile data toggle is a very poor choice. I believe it was a requirement from the service provider so we turn it ON and ignore to turn it OFF since it is buried so deep.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganodi View Post
    Yes. The JB update I got yesterday messed with the keyboard haptic feedback. I turned it off earlier and after the update the stupid thing came back. Also removing the mobile data toggle is a very poor choice. I believe it was a requirement from the service provider so we turn it ON and ignore to turn it OFF since it is buried so deep.
    Unfortunately I think you are right and this removal was due to carrier pressure. Seriously uncool.

In either case I can't find that toggle app that was referenced...

Quote Originally Posted by rnauth1418 View Post
    Unfortunately I think you are right and this removal was due to carrier pressure. Seriously uncool.

In either case I can't find that toggle app that was referenced...

I don't know if there is one, I haven't looked..I never turn off the data and I never use most of my 2G's of data a month. If there isn't one right now, since this was something that was removed, I'm sure there will be a widget in the play store soon.

Looks like these are a few in this search. This widgets are a button to add to your home screen.

Looks like this one does what you want, it's free and ad free and is just a button on your home screen, turns data off and on with one click.

Last edited by Kelly Kearns; 12-07-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Numerous ones here:

Don't know where these toggles appeared from (I don't recall an update today) but they are suddenly there now

Data toggle in notifications JB.-uploadfromtaptalk1354860925593.jpg

That's interesting, I checked for an AT&T update today and there were none. I just restarted my phone to see if the toggles would show up and they don't.

Those under ongoing you mean?

Yeah. Maybe I hit an app on or something if no one else has them? I also have a new battery level indicator in the notification bar

Edit - Discovered Widgetsoid put it there (don't remember telling it to). Sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by SparksStar View Post
    Yeah. Maybe I hit an app on or something if no one else has them? I also have a new battery level indicator in the notification bar

Edit - Discovered Widgetsoid put it there (don't remember telling it to). Sorry guys

Oh, I was gonna say..if it is under "ongoing" it is a widget of some kind