Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelly Kearns
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Conditional call forwarding

Hey guys, real new to the S3 (it's my girlfriends, I've just been toying with it), quick question for you all.

For whatever reason, whenever she places a call, she gets a little pop up message saying "Conditional call forwarding active." What is this nonsense? The device makes a quiet tone/beep also when the messege is displayed.

Background:
    1) The message pops up for any and every call. Mobile to mobile, mobile to anything else on Earth, etc. It ALWAYS shows up.
    2) She just bought the S3 after switching from an iPhone 4S. As far as I know, she bought the S3 from Best Buy and they simply swapped the SIM cards over and nothing else.
    3) Phone makes all calls without issue and has no issue with data connection. But my parents have the S3 and their phones don't display this nonsense, so what gives?

'ppreicate any input!

Screen shot if it helps!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Conditional call forwarding

No takers?

Shucks.

Open your phone app (where you can dial a number. Then settings>call forwarding.. The rest should be evident.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
    Open your phone app (where you can dial a number. Then settings>call forwarding.. The rest should be evident.
    First place I looked. The 3 or 4 options under call forwarding are untouchable; I get an error if I try disabling them. Besides, those seem as though they should be active. Other GS3's have those active I believe and they do not get this dumb "conditional" BS when placing a call.

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    First place I looked. The 3 or 4 options under call forwarding are untouchable; I get an error if I try disabling them. Besides, those seem as though they should be active. Other GS3's have those active I believe and they do not get this dumb "conditional" BS when placing a call.
    I get it too, I think it has something to do with the voice mail forwarding if you get another call. Something along those lines

I've never seen that on my phone.

First question, has she set up her voicemail? Also, who is her carrier? Is it AT&T? Here is something I saw with a quick google search, you might want to read the 10 replies also.

Tip: What is Conditional Call Forwarding?
    Thanked by 3:
    Nikki Raichlin likes this.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

On my S3 the call settings reached by opening the phone app, tapping the menu button, and selecting settings. The main settings button doesn't get me there. I do have the option to select where the calls are forwarded to based on why I didn't answer.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I've never seen that on my phone.

First question, has she set up her voicemail? Also, who is her carrier? Is it AT&T? Here is something I saw with a quick google search, you might want to read the 10 replies also.

Tip: What is Conditional Call Forwarding?

Ahh, quite helpful. Thanks!

The reasoning behind the feature makes sense now, though I'm still at a loss while AT&T/Samsung would not allow you to toggle that notification to off. I mean, the feature sounds like what every phone normally does anyways, why does it have to pop up that notification? AND, how come for certain numbers that notification doesn't even come up?

We went to AT&T yesterday, the guys at the store were at a loss. Girlfriend called me, the notification popped up. Then she called one of the store associates, no notification. Annoying.

Does it do that if she is dialing a landline?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Does it do that if she is dialing a landline?
    Hadn't though of that until you asked, so I just tried. Yep, still pops up. In fact, that AT&T guys cell that we tried calling at the store is the only time either of us have seen it not come up.

hmmmm..I thought maybe it was telling when another phone had conditional call forwarding on. I'm stumped!

I'm just guessing here, but as the link says, call forwarding options determine what happens to calls when you're engaged (i.e. getting calls on the other line). Unless your contract includes the ability to take multiple calls at once, your carrier will redirect all calls "on the other line" to voicemail - this is call forwarding. You may need to ask/pay for your carrier to allow multiple calls, until then they won't let you remove call forwarding.

Try putting your SIM into another recent phone model, I noticed that the forwarding popup comes up even on a really basic Samsung model. Might be that samsung just likes to let us know what our carriers are doing.
    Thanked by 2:

If anyone has a Samsung S3, take note: If and when you setup Voicemail or other services, you may experience No Calls Received. All other functions work. If this happens, go to Keypad, lower left corner hit Menu, then Call Rejection, simply turn it off. Seems that it sets to that with some carriers.

I also had same problem and I was a member of a religious cult and I am hacked. any phone some software in SIM card and first call and then hooked up to hacker and always conditioning call farwarding message no matter what number I dial and very hacker disturbs all calls

Helloo..
    Yes.. conditional forward displays always if you have registered forward services; phone off >> voice mail, Busy >> voice Mail, etc.,
    its not a threat or concern at all.

To change your call forwarding/voicemail settings, simply hit Menu > Settings > Call settings > Call forwarding settings:

From here you have 4 options:

Always forward
    Forward when busy
    Forward when unanswered
    Forward when unreachable

Usually this means that anytime you arent reachable it will send your incoming call to voicemail. Although my carrier wont let me, it looks like you can change or disable these numbers so that callers will be able to reach you at a second number (besides your voicemail) or are just notified that you arent taking calls. In a nutshell, conditional and unconditional call forwarding are binary: if you want incoming calls to voicemail no matter the situation, you can activate unconditional call forwarding by selecting Always forward. Other than that you will be forwarding calls only in certain conditions, i.e. when in the middle of a call, or busy.

{ 14 comments read them below or add one }

Nad February 19, 2013 at 12:07 am

Please do go in CALL SETTINGS then in ADDTIONAL SETTINGS and change the CALLER ID to NETWORK DEFAULT,it was done to my Samsung Galaxy Y
    and if you want to disapper the pop up conditional call forward active then just dail ##002# the pop will vanish.
    chris February 4, 2013 at 1:04 am

started getting this message at the same time as being unable to call out. As soon as it connects the message comes up call forwarding conditional is enabled, the phone beeps and call disconnected at 0.0 secs. What can I do?
    chris February 4, 2013 at 12:58 am

I started getting this message at the same time as being unable to call out. As soon as it connects the message comes up conditional call forwarding active, the phone beeps and call disconnected at 0.0 secs. What can I do?

Chris,
    lucky January 18, 2013 at 3:31 am

if there is any problam with this conditional call forwading then go to (Settingh->call-> additional setting->caller ID-> select show number )your phone will work & its work
    K Pushparaj November 29, 2012 at 2:43 am

I called up my mobile operator (Vodafone) and they asked me to enter ##002# whenever i face this problem. It works
    Natasha October 7, 2012 at 2:14 am

Same problem as Santithe phone hangs for certain numbers almost straight away with the Samsung Galaxy S3. Any solutions?
    Emwa August 27, 2012 at 3:44 am

I am currently experiensing this problem for all numbers. I dial the number, it ends the call and the message says conditional call forwarding active. Surely there has to be a way to deactivate this and be able to call!! My phone is a samsung Galaxy S3
    Razman March 21, 2012 at 6:11 am

Guys, For my case is the Caller ID turns to be the culprit. When I set the caller ID to other than Network Default it gives me that error. By the way this setting is under Settings>Call>Additional Settings > Caller ID. You may just want to check if it solve the issue.
    Santi February 24, 2012 at 12:16 am

Yes sure for incoming calls on your own phone this info is true but I get this message for SOME numbers (no obvious similarities among them) on OUTGOING calls. One ring, the message pops up, the call is immediately disconnected and you can try over and over again its no use. So does that mean the RECIPIENTS phone is on call forwarding? In which case I can just stop trying after the first failure and accept that this person is not answering?
    Brian October 31, 2011 at 10:43 am

As far as we can tell, there is no setting to toggle the notificationyoull just have to live with it popping up
    Lance October 31, 2011 at 4:42 am

Thanks for the clear explanation. Is there a way to keep the setting for Conditional Call Forwarding without having the reminder message on each call?
    Marin October 27, 2011 at 2:33 am

Thank you for a useful information.
    I had to call my provider to turn off the call forwarding.
    Jason August 10, 2011 at 3:35 am

I started getting this message at the same time as being unable to call out. As soon as it connects the message comes up conditional call forwarding active, the phone beeps and call disconnected at 0.0 secs
    Hansoo August 3, 2011 at 12:14 am

Thank you for the great information. I was always curious about the message.

Leave a Comment

Name *

E-mail *

Website

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Previous post: How To: Manage Volume Settings on your Froyo Samsung Phone

Next post: Rumor: Sprint Galaxy S II Launching in September, the Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Bi-Weekly Newsletter

careace-logo Subscribe to our newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks for our Samsung smart devices!
    Sponsor
    Website Protection Site Scanner protects this website from security threats.

CareAce Tip Archive
    Search CareAce

CareAce Survey
    Are you concerned with "Private" or "Unknown" callers?
    Yes, I would like an option to block themNo, I don't careI don't receive "Private" or "Unknown" calls
    VoteView Results
    Trending
    Tip: How to convert Samsung Voice Recorder's 3GA file to MP3 formatTip: How to convert Samsung Voice Recorder's 3GA file to MP3 format
    How To: Turn off Camera Shutter Sound on Samsung Galaxy S IIHow To: Turn off Camera Shutter Sound on Samsung Galaxy S II
    How to use WPS button connection on Samsung Galaxy SHow to use WPS button connection on Samsung Galaxy S
    What you can do with Samsung Kies [UPDATED AGAIN]What you can do with Samsung Kies [UPDATED AGAIN]
    How to use Samsung Galaxy S TV out feature.How to use Samsung Galaxy S TV out feature.
    i

Smile Re: Conditional call forwarding

The answer is very simple. Delete the contact and re-create the contact (giving you the problem) on your phone Contacts. The call gets disconnected because the phone tries to access the google/gmail phone contacts and this is not understood by the samsung galaxy phone. I tried it and it works now for me. Let me know in case you still have doubts. Please remember the message that comes up at the time of disconnection is nothing to do with the disconnection. So no need to edit the setting

i've done everything to solve this problem nothing helped i'm still not able to make any calls