Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: I WANT MY iPHONE 3S BACK...............

In Gmail check your calendar and contacts to verify your phone is syncing. I also have my pictures uploaded to Google + to back them up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

I think my "drop box" photos I have are the Picassa Web photos or whatever google calls them, though I had it set to upload all my pics to google before I reset and it didn't...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

thats what I am talking about google backing things up across to many areas. Picasa for one, gmail for another, play store for another..etc..

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by bfdtpkt View Post
    OK, I'm back to the factory reset on my S3 and it's working great! The "synch" and backup worked as ya'll said!
    I apologize for getting a little flustered, I'm sure everyone has been there once or twice.............
    I DO like the S3 and the ANDROID OS, and I know it can do so much more than iPHONE........
    and xKrN you are correct about the iPHONE getting a little boring after a while, I agree, that's why I decided to try something different even though I don't go too "deep" into these devices..........
    30 million people can't be wrong buying the S3.
    I appreciate all the help from you gents, I knew I could get some help here!
    I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!
    Great story. Like the way it worked out. Electronics can be great and trouble free then nasty and frustrating. It's great when you find a solution and it all works out.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    thats what I am talking about google backing things up across to many areas. Picasa for one, gmail for another, play store for another..etc..
    The funny thing is, don't know how I got them in that Picasa, it just has that little icon on a few of my folders on my card...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I got nothing there....I am sure they came back with a restore, but how they got there in the first place...

Well those showed up on my phone after I signed in to Google, so they are somewhere out there, just don't know where. I turned the sync on for that and did the back up to Google Servers before my restore. My wifi passwords, etc didn't come back like it said they would nor may app settings.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Samung Ics Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Same lmao. I come off sounding like female dog every time I use sarcasm as humor on a forum. *shrug*
    I heard some fella from iphone explode their house when using android. :-P

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.

What gets me frustrated about the Android platform, are the different versions of the phone models! For instance, the Samsung Galaxy S3. There are too many versions of it for the US market! I have a UK (International) unbranded S3. I wish Samsung would make 1 version to cover all markets when they release the S4. Samsung and other Android manufacturers could learn a lot from Apple in this instance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

That is all about the carriers and has very little to do with android itself. In theory I could have my own branded Android phone and change whatever I want in the software. I could make the splash screen all about me. I could make tons of apps that you dont need or want.

Samsung mostly does make one phone (some things are added or subtracted, but not much on their end), the US carriers just have so much control.

I am hoping that with the amount of phones the SGS3 and the N2 have sold they will start throwing some weight around to be more like apple. I doubt it though, it doesnt bother them at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi_Bear View Post
    What gets me frustrated about the Android platform, are the different versions of the phone models! For instance, the Samsung Galaxy S3. There are too many versions of it for the US market! I have a UK (International) unbranded S3. I wish Samsung would make 1 version to cover all markets when they release the S4. Samsung and other Android manufacturers could learn a lot from Apple in this instance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Its still the same OS on all the SGS 3 platforms. Example if were talking about ICS/Android 4.0.x which it was released with then its the same across the board except what the carriers have added or removed in terms of bloatware. Same goes for those who's carriers have updated the SGS 3 to Jellybean 4.1.x

Aside from different radios CDMA/GSM/LTE,HSPA+, etc the only difference is the bloatware added by the carriers
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

That is all about the carriers and has very little to do with android itself. In theory I could have my own branded Android phone and change whatever I want in the software. I could make the splash screen all about me. I could make tons of apps that you dont need or want.

Samsung mostly does make one phone (some things are added or subtracted, but not much on their end), the US carriers just have so much control.

I am hoping that with the amount of phones the SGS3 and the N2 have sold they will start throwing some weight around to be more like apple. I doubt it though, it doesnt bother them at all...
    Introducing the Piizza phone. Lol. Has a ring to it.

Android Evangelist
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Like this does?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Like this does?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    I was thinking more like this. It needs Flash to watch it. But worth it.
    http://pomegranatephone.com

Android Evangelist
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    I was just kidding but all iPhones are not g only the 3G and the 3GS lol I'm just an anal nerd.
    That's why I said "ALL iPHONE 3'S ARE "G".........not all iPHONES.

But the important thing is I'm back up and running........
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123