I WANT MY iPHONE 3S BACK...............

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep.......this thread will not be popular but I'm giving my interpretation of my dissatisfaction with ANDROID!

I originally was in a quandary about which phone to buy....the iPHONE 5 or the SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.......they were both $199 on my AT&T website.
The iPhone 3S:
NEVER froze, NEVER hiccuped, NEVER refused a command, NEVER slowed down.........
The SAMSUNG GALAXY S3:
I was very happy when I got it 2 weeks ago......showing it to all my friends/family, especially those with iPHONES.........downloaded maybe 6 or 8 APPS from the "play store".....everything seemed to be fine......
downloaded the new JELLY BEAN and I've been frying in Hell ever since! The phone freezes, locks-up, very slow, just won't do what I paid for........I have to
power it down and power it up (which I've NEVER had to do with the iPHONE) and then it works most of the time.

I would like to take it back to the factory RESET but I don't want to lose my CONTACTS, DATES, etc., so maybe delete the JELLY BEAN?
Instead, I think I'll delete every APP that I put in..........so How do I DELETE these programs and JELLY BEAN?

Since I'll have this for the 2 year contract I'm trying to accept this glitch and move on......
As you can tell, I'm not as smart as you guys, I just want the basic stuff.............
Can somebody help me and tell me what to do? (besides the obvious, hehehe)
THANKS!

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory reset? Sometimes updates or apps can confuse things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That sounds like what I need to do, and I have no problem doing that, but I will lose calendar dates and contacts, correct?
and thx for your reply!

Vinte419

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
As long as you have your gmail account set to backup your contacts and calendar dates and such it will all be put back on after the reset when you enter your gmail back in the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory reset? Sometimes updates or apps can confuse things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

This. Major updates can cause issues. As long as you ensure to store everything to Google (contacts, calendars, etc.) its not to big of a deal.

Sorry you had trouble though! :eek:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
And just so I'm clear........when I go to "apps"...."settings"...."back up & reset".........
"BACK-UP MY DATA" IS CHECKED......
and "AUTOMATIC RESTORE" IS CHECKED.......
I'm good to go with "factory data reset".....correct?

I'm getting my faith back with ANDROID every minute....thanks guys!

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
And just so I'm clear........when I go to "apps"...."settings"...."back up & reset".........
"BACK-UP MY DATA" IS CHECKED......
and "AUTOMATIC RESTORE" IS CHECKED.......
I'm good to go with "factory data reset".....correct?

I don't care what platform it is iOS or android apps can have ill effects. Had the iPhone since early 2008 and sure things were fairly smooth. Thing is electronic devices will always have issues it just depends on what the frequency is and how the company handles it. Remember antennae gate? Steves initial handling of that was piss poor and insulting. Apples handling of app permissions, app developers, etc is also piss poor. I had two iPhone 4's die on me within the warranty period and they handled those replacements poorly. I'm done with apple and their products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't care what platform it is iOS or android apps can have ill effects. Had the iPhone since early 2008 and sure things were fairly smooth. Thing is electronic devices will always have issues it just depends on what the frequency is and how the company handles it. Remember antennae gate? Steves initial handling of that was piss poor and insulting. Apples handling of app permissions, app developers, etc is also piss poor. I had two iPhone 4's die on me within the warranty period and they handled those replacements poorly. I'm done with apple and their products.

I appreciate your honesty.......no electronic device is perfect, we all know that....I'm just speaking from my "personal" experience, of course............
not one issue with the iPhone, period............having said that, I'm sure I don't get as deep into the software as most of you.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate your honesty.......no electronic device is perfect, we all know that....I'm just speaking from my "personal" experience, of course............
not one issue with the iPhone, period............having said that, I'm sure I don't get as deep into the software as most of you.

Exactly...for a average basic user a iPhone is all they need. Once yoy want more out of an iPhone it must be Jailbroken. While android can do a dew more things before needing to be rooted.
When people ask me for recommendations for android vs Apple I always tell them if they dont want any issues or the least possible with a phone to get a iphone.

I used iOS for years...iPhone 2G through iPhone 4, iPod Touch 1G through 4G. I am just bored with iOS jailbroken or not. Good luck with your choice. Unless you have a deadkine to return the S3 I suggest you reset your phone and give it another chance.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about the "backup" but you need to have your gmail account set to "sync" and include your contacts, etc. I have auto sync on, but you can sync and then just check your gmail account and make sure they are there and then reset.

If you have your phone set to sync, the second you sign into any new android phone, your contacts and calendar are there.

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, I'm back to the factory reset on my S3 and it's working great! The "synch" and backup worked as ya'll said!
I apologize for getting a little flustered, I'm sure everyone has been there once or twice.............
I DO like the S3 and the ANDROID OS, and I know it can do so much more than iPHONE........
and xKrN you are correct about the iPHONE getting a little boring after a while, I agree, that's why I decided to try something different even though I don't go too "deep" into these devices..........
30 million people can't be wrong buying the S3.
I appreciate all the help from you gents, I knew I could get some help here!
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
OK, I'm back to the factory reset on my S3 and it's working great! The "synch" and backup worked as ya'll said!<br />
I apologize for getting a little flustered, I'm sure everyone has been there once or twice.............<br />
I DO like the S3 and the ANDROID OS, and I know it can do so much more than iPHONE........<br />
and xKrN you are correct about the iPHONE getting a little boring after a while, I agree, that's why I decided to try something different even though I don't go too "deep" into these devices..........<br />
30 million people can't be wrong buying the S3.<br />
I appreciate all the help from you gents, I knew I could get some help here!<br />

Glad you gave it another shot. I remember trying android under gingerbread and then honeycomb, was sort of impressed, saw the potential. Wasn't until ICS that I really saw Google moving ahead of IOS. Sure I love the s3 but it does have its quirks and hicupps but I only see it as getting better and I can't wait until Google releases Key Lime Pie and what samsung has in store for the s4. Besides for business purposes my wife and I have found android to be invaluable.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm back to the factory reset on my S3 and it's working great! The "synch" and backup worked as ya'll said!
I apologize for getting a little flustered, I'm sure everyone has been there once or twice.............
I DO like the S3 and the ANDROID OS, and I know it can do so much more than iPHONE........
and xKrN you are correct about the iPHONE getting a little boring after a while, I agree, that's why I decided to try something different even though I don't go too "deep" into these devices..........

I'm glad it is working better for you now. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

That's the thing about Android, it can be as simple or as complex as you want. It's great for a first time smartphone user and a very advanced user.

I know you Apple people aren't used to using virus software and many of the Android users don't use it either, but I suggest it. A good app for that is Lookout:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5sb29rb3V0Il0.

And Wheres My Droid:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alienmanfc6.wheresmyandroid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hbGllbm1hbmZjNi53aGVyZXNteWFuZHJvaWQiXQ..

I have the paid version of Wheres My Droid because I downloaded a very loud mp3 file as a custom notification for this app. So if my phone is on silent or vibrate, it will sound a very loud tone for 5 mins. Also the GPS My Droid that is on here will send you back a Google Map down to the coordinates. Both apps will remote lock your device or wipe it and one of them you can even get it to text someone if the SIM card is removed (don't remember which one of the two does that). Also on Wheres My Droid, you can get your phone to take pictures and put them online to your account so if anyone takes your phone, you have their pic :)

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
And just so I'm clear........when I go to "apps"...."settings"...."back up & reset".........<br />
"BACK-UP MY DATA" IS CHECKED......<br />
and "AUTOMATIC RESTORE" IS CHECKED.......<br />
I'm good to go with "factory data reset".....correct?<br />
<br />

The only data you may lose is pics and texts messages. If you don't store them on an external sd card. So make sure you back them up separately if you want to save them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Factory Reset will fix all those problems...it refreshed the OS for better performance...everything is backed up to your google account so no worries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol