Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default I WANT MY iPHONE 3S BACK...............

Yep.......this thread will not be popular but I'm giving my interpretation of my dissatisfaction with ANDROID!

I originally was in a quandary about which phone to buy....the iPHONE 5 or the SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.......they were both $199 on my AT&T website.
    The iPhone 3S:
    NEVER froze, NEVER hiccuped, NEVER refused a command, NEVER slowed down.........
    The SAMSUNG GALAXY S3:
    I was very happy when I got it 2 weeks ago......showing it to all my friends/family, especially those with iPHONES.........downloaded maybe 6 or 8 APPS from the "play store".....everything seemed to be fine......
    downloaded the new JELLY BEAN and I've been frying in Hell ever since! The phone freezes, locks-up, very slow, just won't do what I paid for........I have to
    power it down and power it up (which I've NEVER had to do with the iPHONE) and then it works most of the time.

I would like to take it back to the factory RESET but I don't want to lose my CONTACTS, DATES, etc., so maybe delete the JELLY BEAN?
    Instead, I think I'll delete every APP that I put in..........so How do I DELETE these programs and JELLY BEAN?

Since I'll have this for the 2 year contract I'm trying to accept this glitch and move on......
    As you can tell, I'm not as smart as you guys, I just want the basic stuff.............
    Can somebody help me and tell me what to do? (besides the obvious, hehehe)
    THANKS!

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Re: I WANT MY iPHONE 3S BACK...............

Have you tried doing a factory reset? Sometimes updates or apps can confuse things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Have you tried doing a factory reset? Sometimes updates or apps can confuse things.

That sounds like what I need to do, and I have no problem doing that, but I will lose calendar dates and contacts, correct?
    and thx for your reply!

As long as you have your gmail account set to backup your contacts and calendar dates and such it will all be put back on after the reset when you enter your gmail back in the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Always store your contacts with Google, and you will never have to worry about losing them.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post

This. Major updates can cause issues. As long as you ensure to store everything to Google (contacts, calendars, etc.) its not to big of a deal.

Sorry you had trouble though! :o

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by 2:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

And just so I'm clear........when I go to "apps"...."settings"...."back up & reset".........
    "BACK-UP MY DATA" IS CHECKED......
    and "AUTOMATIC RESTORE" IS CHECKED.......
    I'm good to go with "factory data reset".....correct?

I'm getting my faith back with ANDROID every minute....thanks guys!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bfdtpkt View Post
    And just so I'm clear........when I go to "apps"...."settings"...."back up & reset".........
    "BACK-UP MY DATA" IS CHECKED......
    and "AUTOMATIC RESTORE" IS CHECKED.......
    I'm good to go with "factory data reset".....correct?

I don't care what platform it is iOS or android apps can have ill effects. Had the iPhone since early 2008 and sure things were fairly smooth. Thing is electronic devices will always have issues it just depends on what the frequency is and how the company handles it. Remember antennae gate? Steves initial handling of that was **** poor and insulting. Apples handling of app permissions, app developers, etc is also **** poor. I had two iPhone 4's die on me within the warranty period and they handled those replacements poorly. I'm done with apple and their products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    I don't care what platform it is iOS or android apps can have ill effects. Had the iPhone since early 2008 and sure things were fairly smooth. Thing is electronic devices will always have issues it just depends on what the frequency is and how the company handles it. Remember antennae gate? Steves initial handling of that was **** poor and insulting. Apples handling of app permissions, app developers, etc is also **** poor. I had two iPhone 4's die on me within the warranty period and they handled those replacements poorly. I'm done with apple and their products.

I appreciate your honesty.......no electronic device is perfect, we all know that....I'm just speaking from my "personal" experience, of course............
    not one issue with the iPhone, period............having said that, I'm sure I don't get as deep into the software as most of you.

I appreciate your honesty.......no electronic device is perfect, we all know that....I'm just speaking from my "personal" experience, of course............
    not one issue with the iPhone, period............having said that, I'm sure I don't get as deep into the software as most of you.
    Exactly...for a average basic user a iPhone is all they need. Once yoy want more out of an iPhone it must be Jailbroken. While android can do a dew more things before needing to be rooted.
    When people ask me for recommendations for android vs Apple I always tell them if they dont want any issues or the least possible with a phone to get a iphone.

I used iOS for years...iPhone 2G through iPhone 4, iPod Touch 1G through 4G. I am just bored with iOS jailbroken or not. Good luck with your choice. Unless you have a deadkine to return the S3 I suggest you reset your phone and give it another chance.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

I don't know about the "backup" but you need to have your gmail account set to "sync" and include your contacts, etc. I have auto sync on, but you can sync and then just check your gmail account and make sure they are there and then reset.

If you have your phone set to sync, the second you sign into any new android phone, your contacts and calendar are there.
    Thanked by 2:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

OK, I'm back to the factory reset on my S3 and it's working great! The "synch" and backup worked as ya'll said!
    I apologize for getting a little flustered, I'm sure everyone has been there once or twice.............
    I DO like the S3 and the ANDROID OS, and I know it can do so much more than iPHONE........
    and xKrN you are correct about the iPHONE getting a little boring after a while, I agree, that's why I decided to try something different even though I don't go too "deep" into these devices..........
    30 million people can't be wrong buying the S3.
    I appreciate all the help from you gents, I knew I could get some help here!
    I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!
    Thanked by 2:

OK, I'm back to the factory reset on my S3 and it's working great! The &quot;synch&quot; and backup worked as ya'll said!<br />
    I apologize for getting a little flustered, I'm sure everyone has been there once or twice.............<br />
    I DO like the S3 and the ANDROID OS, and I know it can do so much more than iPHONE........<br />
    and xKrN you are correct about the iPHONE getting a little boring after a while, I agree, that's why I decided to try something different even though I don't go too &quot;deep&quot; into these devices..........<br />
    30 million people can't be wrong buying the S3.<br />
    I appreciate all the help from you gents, I knew I could get some help here!<br />
    Glad you gave it another shot. I remember trying android under gingerbread and then honeycomb, was sort of impressed, saw the potential. Wasn't until ICS that I really saw Google moving ahead of IOS. Sure I love the s3 but it does have its quirks and hicupps but I only see it as getting better and I can't wait until Google releases Key Lime Pie and what samsung has in store for the s4. Besides for business purposes my wife and I have found android to be invaluable.
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

OK, I'm back to the factory reset on my S3 and it's working great! The "synch" and backup worked as ya'll said!
    I apologize for getting a little flustered, I'm sure everyone has been there once or twice.............
    I DO like the S3 and the ANDROID OS, and I know it can do so much more than iPHONE........
    and xKrN you are correct about the iPHONE getting a little boring after a while, I agree, that's why I decided to try something different even though I don't go too "deep" into these devices..........
    I'm glad it is working better for you now.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

That's the thing about Android, it can be as simple or as complex as you want. It's great for a first time smartphone user and a very advanced user.

I know you Apple people aren't used to using virus software and many of the Android users don't use it either, but I suggest it. A good app for that is Lookout:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5sb29rb3V0Il0.

And Wheres My Droid:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FuZHJvaWQiXQ..

I have the paid version of Wheres My Droid because I downloaded a very loud mp3 file as a custom notification for this app. So if my phone is on silent or vibrate, it will sound a very loud tone for 5 mins. Also the GPS My Droid that is on here will send you back a Google Map down to the coordinates. Both apps will remote lock your device or wipe it and one of them you can even get it to text someone if the SIM card is removed (don't remember which one of the two does that). Also on Wheres My Droid, you can get your phone to take pictures and put them online to your account so if anyone takes your phone, you have their pic
    Thanked by 2:

And just so I'm clear........when I go to &quot;apps&quot;....&quot;settings&quot;....&quot;back up &amp; reset&quot;.........<br />
    &quot;BACK-UP MY DATA&quot; IS CHECKED......<br />
    and &quot;AUTOMATIC RESTORE&quot; IS CHECKED.......<br />
    I'm good to go with &quot;factory data reset&quot;.....correct?<br />
    <br />
    The only data you may lose is pics and texts messages. If you don't store them on an external sd card. So make sure you back them up separately if you want to save them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Surprised no one pointed out that there's no such thing as an iphone 3s lol.

How should adding Android central forums to GT-l9100using tell me plz

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Factory Reset will fix all those problems...it refreshed the OS for better performance...everything is backed up to your google account so no worries
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Surprised no one pointed out that there's no such thing as an iphone 3s lol.
    I thought about doing so . . . but didn't want to sound like a smarta*s . . .and besides, every time I try to be funny . . nobody seems to get it. lol
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle
    QUOTE Surprised no one pointed out that there's no such thing as an iphone 3s lol. QUOTE

OK Party Pooper.................ALL iPHONE 3's are "G"...........I assumed you would know that...........hehehehe....so you understand, I should have said.....3GS!
    winmod21 likes this.

Glad you got everything working the way you want it!

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dobermans rule View Post
    Glad you got everything working the way you want it!

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
    THANKS! I appreciate all the help!

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

OK Party Pooper.................ALL iPHONE 3's are "G"...........I assumed you would know that...........hehehehe....so you understand, I should have said.....3GS!
    Yes, but of course we knew that. It's just that, well, it's just that, around these here parts . . .even the mere mention of an iPhone gets many some feeling all superior and everything, and well, okay, somewhat pedantic. What can I tell ya?

Btw, I hear ya. And psssst (just between you & me), I'm not really an ex-3GS'er, as I still use my 3GS iPhone . . almost as much as I do my GS3 !!

. . .** looks both ways before taking off at full sprint and diving head-first back into nearest foxhole bunker . . .**
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Glad to see that the OP has come down off the ledge and that AC proved itself to be a great forum (no flaming)

With any major upgrade to save yourself issues I live by this guide:

Factory reset
    Take the update
    factory reset
    Set my phone back up

It will take an hour or so depending on the upgrade, but it will save you HOURS of frustration
    Thanked by 3:
    MERCDROID likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast