auto correct not working?

Cody Kinniburgh

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well I have jelly bean installed on my galaxy s 3 and well... I have predictive text on but that doesnt really function as an auto correct... it still allows me to type a word like greaft which means nothing... with an autocorrect I can usually press space to replace it with the first correct word on the predictive text... it isnt foing that on my phonee... can someone help?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I have jelly bean installed on my galaxy s 3 and well... I have predictive text on but that doesnt really function as an auto correct... it still allows me to type a word like greaft which means nothing... with an autocorrect I can usually press space to replace it with the first correct word on the predictive text... it isnt foing that on my phonee... can someone help?
Might help to know which keyboard you're using.

fiftythreefly

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
it doesn't work for me either. exact same issue. even when i did switch to swiftkey the same thing would happen. this was happening before the jelly bean rollout as well. it sucks because i have all the appropriate tabs checked for doing autocorrect yet it doesn't work.
and i personally prefer the jelly bean keyboard to swiftkey.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
jellybean keyboard, free in play store... it is night and day in comparison.
there is no comparison.

swift key is nice, but its a paid only app, and although it isnt expensive, you shouldnt have to pay anything for a keyboard that works. so count me out on that one.

fiftythreefly

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
i've used both the jelly bean (free play store app) and the new jelly bean OS keyboard. i like the layout of them both, but i need/want my autocorrect working properly and at this point it isn't. swift key does have a free d/l but again i don't prefer that one.
jellybean keyboard, free in play store... it is night and day in comparison.
there is no comparison.

swift key is nice, but its a paid only app, and although it isnt expensive, you shouldnt have to pay anything for a keyboard that works. so count me out on that one.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
the free download for SK is only a trial... and the JB keyboard i am referring to has a wonderful auto correct feature.
i type very fast and rely heavily on this feature, otherwise my texts would be virtually unreadable.

fiftythreefly

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
just to be clear, which keyboard are you recommending?
the free download for SK is only a trial... and the JB keyboard i am referring to has a wonderful auto correct feature.
i type very fast and rely heavily on this feature, otherwise my texts would be virtually unreadable.

spray76

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not working either. I loved the keyboard I originally had on my phone. Jellybean messed with my keyboard and now an update that I just received last week has reallllly messed with my keyboard. Auto correct is not working even though all of the correct boxes are checked. I also miss having the punctuation to choose from with my keyboard. I'm using the default Samsung keyboard and don't want to download an app to do a function the device should be doing!! Was this a Samsung update?

BrentDuke

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the last update I got on my phone was a Verizon update and it did the same thing to me so now my default keyboard will not auto correct and i can't figure out why. So nobody knows?

PieceofPizza

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
follow the steps below (based on Galaxy tab2 with JB 4.1.2)
1. settings
2. language & input
3. tap on samsung keyboard settings icon
4. tap on input languages
5. tap to download desired language pack(eg. English(UK)
6. check box in front of downloaded language
you are done. start typing !

SMEJIA

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
After reading all the ....things they have posted here about this issue, this is the only answer that actually makes more sense. I was not aware of this, goddam Apple!

LightsGravity

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue and just downloaded the jelly bean keyboard and saved my life haha! Fyi I'm Using a LG G2 and the stock keyboard will make you want to break your phone grrrr, thanks for the advice! Autocorrect works amazing