Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spartanrob1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Finally picked up the Hyperion 4200 battery

Why did I wait so long. I was very hesitant about the size but I have to say, it DOES feel good in the hand (like many have said). It does add weight and some bulk in the pocket but the results after only one day are amazing. I'm traveling on business the rest of the week and couldn't worry about battery. Started with a full charge yesterday (Sunday being a lighter use day sometimes as I don't get as much exchange email). Going to let it run almost dry and give it full charge. Picked it up on eBay for $22.99. Case shipped separately and should arrive today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally picked up the Hyperion 4200 battery-screenshot_2012-12-10-09-46-20.png  

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Default Re: Finally picked up the Hyperion 4200 battery

Looks pretty good, I guess, as I don't watch or check my battery use settings too much. It's too draining. Get it? . . too draining?
    But way to go,spartanrob1. What brand did you go with?

Btw . . .did you watch Cousins yesterday? I've really liked that guy, ever since first seeing him in 09'.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    Looks pretty good, I guess, as I don't watch or check my battery use settings too much. It's too draining. Get it? . . too draining?
    But way to go,spartanrob1. What brand did you go with?

Btw . . .did you watch Cousins yesterday? I've really liked that guy, ever since first seeing him in 09'.
    Draining, i get it
    I went with the Hyperion:
    Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S3 4200mAh Extended Battery White Cover with NFC | eBay

Always been a Cousins fan, hope he gets a chance to be a starter somewhere one day. (we could have used him this year)
    Thanked by:
    winmod21 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Not bad for the first day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally picked up the Hyperion 4200 battery-screenshot_2012-12-10-20-47-09.png  

Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob1 View Post
    Not bad for the first day
    Were you on data at all during that time? Just curious if that's like 90% wifi usage or anything.. Either way awesome battery life! I am going to have to look into this

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I would say about 75% wifi. I'm thinking/hoping it will get even better after a few charges. I do have LTE off as it was a huge drain for me. will consider turning it back on to see what the battery life is. it's just not real strong in my area

Go GREEN!

How are you turning LTE off... did you download a toggle or something?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by TURBOSPARTAN View Post
    Go GREEN!

Go White!

Toggle LTE:
    1. With phone on, take off back cover and press your SIM so it releases the spring, it won't come all the way out, (that's OK)
    2. Once you see the message that SIM is removed (on JB it forces me to reboot, that's OK too), go to the dialer and dial *#2263#
    3 You should see a men with band selections (may take a few seconds to pop up, be patient) The current setting is 'Automatic". If you switch to WCDMA All, you will be on ATT 4G. Use the menu button to select.
    4. Press the SIM back in place and reboot your phone.

You will now be on 4G and NOT LTE (For ATT)
    Thanked by:

Its great! I actually upgraded mine to the GorillaGadgets 4500mah Battery. Its the same size but more power! LOVE IT!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

So the battery is working out great, but i don't like the Hyperion honeycomb case, just doesn't fit great. Any suggestions for a different case?

Quote Originally Posted by TURBOSPARTAN View Post
    Go GREEN!

Oh it's much easier if you just add another APN. I did a thread showing how to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Oh it's much easier if you just add another APN. I did a thread showing how to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    Where is your thread?

Want to know the easiest way to disable LTE? Go into your APN settings, hit the left soft key and hit "reset to default". You'll have everything except LTE (I think) as it changes it back to wap.cingular.

My problem is that it deleted the other version, and I don't know how to get it back. I'd like to have both APN's saved so that I can turn on the LTE when/if I need it, and for the other times, only have the 4G (HSDP+ or whatever its called) and lower.

So how do I create a "new" APN for the LTE?

EDIT: Googled and came across an ATT support forum, found these settings for the PTA (4G LTE) APN. Now my phone has both saved... switching to this PTA version, my LTE instantly came back on (on the wap.cingular aka Cingular 410) I never saw the LTE. Here are the settings for the PTA (4G LTE):

Name: ATT PTA
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

PS - Sorry to get this thread off track, maybe I should post this elsewhere?