AT&T Jellybean release

riderrick65

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok so has AT&T released the Jellybean up grade for the SG3 yet? if so, I never received any notifications. How do I go about getting this up grade?
Thnx from a new-B.:-[

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Download the latest version of Kies on your pc and connect your GS3.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow. ^^^ that, and are you sitting down? :)
Coz you may do well to read several of the 'update' threads below. Just take a gander down this page and have at it ! ;)
It came out a week ago, so some threads may have spilled onto [ Page 2 ] by now.

riderrick65

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just talked to AT&T cust. support and they gave me the links to check out in order to up grade to Jellybean. Thnx. to everyone for your suggestions, I will get to working on this upgrade.:)

riderrick65

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay. But just make sure you report back. ;) Because we're counting heads and keeping score.
Ok I'm reporting back, after reading most of the posts out here about the JB update I think I'm going to stay with the ICS for right now (to many glitches for my liking).

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
There really are not all that many problems with the update, but I suspect certain apps don't handle the update well. I strongly suggest uninstalling any keyboards, launchers(such as Nova), and anti-virus prior to doing the update, simply because they could potentially break during the update process. Some have run into problems with their MicroSD card as well due to a corrupted file bug, but that isn't the update, just some sensitivity to file system errors I suspect.

The only thing to really watch for, and this isn't a problem with the update exactly, is that you will want to crank down your screen brightness to minimum after the update, because JB is MUCH brighter by default, and that can drain the battery VERY quickly if you are not careful.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually think its a nice upgrade ESPECIALLY Google Now, which absolutely ROCKS! Once you turn media volume back up it speaks certain answers to questions in a split second, but searches and other information come up SO FAST it's amazing.. And the new folders are cool, notification bar is nice, though I seem to get slightly less battery life than before, but it's still very acceptable. All in all JB is better than ICS for sure.. If you do the update, make sure your battery is fully charged and that you're not running a ton of weird apps that might interfere. My update process went smooth as butter, pardon for the JB pun, LOL.