Nova or TouchWiz?

Curious what launcher you are using and why

• Total voters

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Now that i'm on the official ATT JB, i've been using TouchWiz. Prior I was on Nova. They both seem to have pluses and minuses. Just curious what others are using and why?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nova is way better
- Way more customizable (Change icons, colors, hide notification bar)
- Faster than Touchwiz
- Better Effects
- Easier to use, looks better

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Example of Nova capabilities

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355250065129.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355250065129.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 804

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just started using nova from touchwiz. It's my favorite so far. Give a try and see if you like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I use apex and like it. It runs smoothly and I'm also not really that big into widgets so I'm fine with something thats simple, works and provides me with customization where I want it most.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Nova was very nice, but I lost my 4x4 Samsung calendar widget and there just wasn't enough there to make me keep it as a trade off since I use that widget every day.

I also organize all seven home screens from left to right by category:
Settings, Shopping, Navigation, Communication, Music and Video, News and Office, Calendar

Perhaps if I accessed my apps mainly through the app drawer or only used 3 home screens like my wife, then I would be more impressed with a launcher like nova.

Also I'm a total freetard so I typically won't pay for anything unless there is a REALLY GOOD reason.

edit: Oh yeah, and I use a widget or two on almost every home screen.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I only have I think 4 or 5 screens and one is blank. I too don't pay for apps unless its absurdly awesome. I didn't like novas folders which is pretty much all that matters to me and nova wouldn't allow you to hide apps without paying and I didn't see anything nova did that apex didn't do that was particularly important to me..

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Using factory set up. No issues and works well for my needs. I don't like over tweaking things that I feel don't need tweaking.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Go Launcher with my Captivate. I liked it, but I had heard some grumblings about the company excessively mining data from their users. They're a Chinese company, so I didn't feel like gambling when I got the GS3. I tried Holo Launcher and couldn't figure it out. Tried the free version of Nova and haven't looked back. After about a month, I happily forked over the cash for Nova Prime. The only thing I don't like about it is that we can't get widget previews or the stock Samsung/TouchWiz weather widget.

Otherwise, I freaking love it.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Go Launcher with my Captivate. I liked it, but I had heard some grumblings about the company excessively mining data from their users. They're a Chinese company, so I didn't feel like gambling when I got the GS3. I tried Holo Launcher and couldn't figure it out. Tried the free version of Nova and haven't looked back. After about a month, I happily forked over the cash for Nova Prime. The only thing I don't like about it is that we can't get widget previews or the stock Samsung/TouchWiz weather widget.

Otherwise, I freaking love it.

This is how I feel and what I did. Except I don't care about the TW weather widget. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski