1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weak signal with all models??

I have read that Samsung has very weak radio's and low signal strength especially in remote areas. Is this just CDMA Samsungs or all Samsung models?

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Default Re: Weak signal with all models??

What can I tell ya? All I know is that the REAL HUSKIES wear purple & gold and reside on the shores of beautiful Lake Washington, at the University of Washington, just north of Seattle.

Btw . . the exact same shoreline where the Crewhouse for the U.S. National Champion Mens' Crew sits, and where they train and reside, which is of course right next to Americas' most beautiful football stadium setting, anywhere in North America!

But from one Husky to another . . .good luck in your Bowl ! Go Dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by conan1071 View Post
    I have read that Samsung has very weak radio's and low signal strength especially in remote areas. Is this just CDMA Samsungs or all Samsung models?
    I've seen the opposite. In fact, a few years ago with a Samsung regular phone I had, I would get signal at the lake and no one else on any carrier or any phone there would get service.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

What does that have to do with the op?

Samsung really used to have some crappy radios, but tech has moved on and they are really very good now.

Your milage will vary, try it in your area for the two week grace period and if it stinks it isn't for you.

My signal isn't the best right now with sprint working on the towers, but I have not been without anything for any period of time.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

I think winmod21 must have replied in the wrong tab lol

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Total crap. I use mine in very marginal areas. The radio is better than anything I've seen.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    What does that have to do with the op?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I think winmod21 must have replied in the wrong tab lol
    Didn't you guys even notice the OP's avatar ?? :0 You know, the Discover Orange Bowl ...on Jan. 1 ?? ...The Northern Illinois Huskies ?? ...anyone? ...anyone? ....Bueller? ...Bueller?

Okay, I'm sure this is of less importance to the OP, but yes (from limited Samsung phone personal experience), it seems to me that the Samsung radios in our GS3 & Galaxy Note– are weaker, and have a lower signal strength – than our iPhones. How do I know this? We still use the iPhones– and from just about anywhere throughout our home or throughout our property– the iPhones have a stronger signal; they don't break up and fade in & out & drop calls . . like the Samsung GS3 & Galaxy Note radios do. They're all on AT&T and the nearest tower is a clear shot, not too far away across some rolling farm & ranch-lands. Same thing when we're traveling.

Of course, I can't speak to Samsung radio strength in general, or betwixt different Samsung models, not being a reviewer or technician. But I will say that my GSII Skyrocket was equally as poor. With that said, would I still go with a GS3 or Note 2? Probably, if I didn't want to wait for an off-contract Nexus. Androids are like being the Admin. of your own computer, compared to being like a guest– on an Apple computer or iPhone.

These days, no matter where you go or what you read . . .it seems like everyone's talking about getting a Galaxy Note 2.

There! . . now, can we get back to talkin' about much more important things . . like college football bowl games . . for crying out loud !?
    Last edited by winmod21; 12-12-2012 at 08:14 AM.

I get great signals, even in weaker areas. Easily as good or better than all the iPhones I've owned.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    Didn't you guys even notice the OP's avatar ?? :0 You know, the Discover Orange Bowl ...on Jan. 1 ?? ...The Northern Illinois Huskies ?? ...anyone? ...anyone? ....Bueller? ...Bueller?

Okay, I'm sure this is of less importance to the OP, but yes (from limited Samsung phone personal experience), it seems to me that the Samsung radios in our GS3 & Galaxy Note– are weaker, and have a lower signal strength – than our iPhones. How do I know this? We still use the iPhones– and from just about anywhere throughout our home or throughout our property– the iPhones have a stronger signal; they don't break up and fade in & out & drop calls . . like the Samsung GS3 & Galaxy Note radios do. They're all on AT&T and the nearest tower is a clear shot, not too far away across some rolling farm & ranch-lands. Same thing when we're traveling.

Of course, I can't speak to Samsung radio strength in general, or betwixt different Samsung models, not being a reviewer or technician. But I will say that my GSII Skyrocket was equally as poor. With that said, would I still go with a GS3 or Note 2? Probably, if I didn't want to wait for an off-contract Nexus. Androids are like being the Admin. of your own computer, compared to being like a guest– on an Apple computer or iPhone.

These days, no matter where you go or what you read . . .it seems like everyone's talking about getting a Galaxy Note 2.

There! . . now, can we get back to talkin' about much more important things . . like college football bowl games . . for crying out loud !?

At first I was thinking it was a CDMA versus GSM thing with the Samsung radios. However, you said youre on ATT, so I guess not. How is ATT coverage where you are? What about in the sticks??

I have a lot of service problems, where I live my service is relatively low but my previous phones like, blackberry got service, enough to make calls and sms, with the s3 I get emergency only almost always at home, in my opinion this phone radio is definitely weaker than other phones. Does anyone know of a fix?

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

I live in an area with a LOT of weak signal areas, and my AT&T S3 does a better job of holding a signal than any other phone I have seen. Yes, I even have a few areas where there is only 2G, and my Galaxy S3 has no problems. One thing I found from previous phones is that SOME cases have a problem in the design that will cause reception problems, so if you have your phone in a case, take it out and see how well or poorly it does THEN.

Good advice, I will try that..my phone is in a folio case.

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post

Going bowling here- 35 TIMES! Watched Nevada v. Arizona yesterday, and turned it off with 2:30 left (AZ has no chance now, down 48-35). Flipped back with :19 to go!!! OMG, I fell for it AGAIN!
    Thanked by: