- 643 Posts
HELP: KIES will no longer backup S III (via USB)
So tonight I plug in my phone and decide to do a quick backup now that I have Jelly Bean on the phone. I open up KIES, phone is recognized by KIES with no problem. I click the "Backup" tab and it sits...and sits saying "preparing". After 5 minutes it finally starts to back up my Contacts, Messages etc. BUT, it refuses to backup any music, photos, or videos. For example, it gets to that point in the backup to do the music, it says "0 of 159". Fine...so I wait....and wait and wait. I literally let it sit for an hour+ and it never backs up..stays at 0 of 159. Same when I try to just back up photos "0 of 96".
So now I have no real way to back up the phone (that I know of).
Anyone else having this issue post JB install??
Any ideas on how to back the phone up without KEIS??
Thanks for any input you can offer.
- 12-11-2012, 09:44 PM #2
- 643 Posts
Re: HELP: KIES will no longer backup S III (via USB)
I actually tried that route. No luck. They had no clue. Told me to take out battery..didn't help. Asked me to uninstall KIES (done), no luck. All it backs up now is emails/txt/messages. Refuses to backup other media/music or pics.
- 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM #4
- By Bren S. in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 7Last Post: 06-10-2012, 01:38 PM
- By colonelcack in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 154Last Post: 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
- By usmcsilver in forum Droid BionicReplies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2012, 02:03 PM
- By exmeaguy in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 01-05-2011, 06:40 PM
- By jimc1128 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 08-15-2010, 09:47 PM