1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Messaging Apps

Here is another new-B question. There are two messaging apps on the SG3, one is AT&T and the other I believe is the Samsung "bloatware" version. Having both of these apps running is very confusing, how do I disable the Samsung version? I brought the Samsung version up, went to settings but did not see any provisions for disabling. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Messaging Apps

Quote Originally Posted by riderrick65 View Post
    Here is another new-B question. There are two messaging apps on the SG3, one is AT&T and the other I believe is the Samsung "bloatware" version. Having both of these apps running is very confusing, how do I disable the Samsung version? I brought the Samsung version up, went to settings but did not see any provisions for disabling. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Load up GO SMS PRO from the Google play store. Its free and better than both of the stock apps. However for me it goes in the following order....GO SMS PRO > SAMSUNG DEFAULT > ATT MESSAGING APP.

Hope this helps you out! There are a ton of options out there. So if go sms doesn't tickle your fancy then keep on looking! (Handcent is another good option too. I personally don't care for it but it is popular!)
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!