No FM receiver on GS3 ?

bigpen605242

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I find there's no fm app on GS3, If I can download one from play store or I can only use streaming?
I find the data on/off has gone in quick bar since I update to JB. I don't know why samsung do this.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, the FM Tuner was excluded from the US model in favor of the LTE chip and antennas. You will only be able to stream data using something like Tune In Radio.

I used the FM tuner on my old phone almost every day. It was a major disappointment for me when I got my S3 home. Unfortunately, apps like Tune-In Radio buffer and cut out constantly especially when you on an open wifi in public in which the signal strength varies constantly. The only way to really get some your old FM functionality back is to rely on podcasts.

The S3 is still probably one of the top 3 phones out there, especially considering that Apple NEVER includes an FM tuner on any of their products.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an FM radio in a while. The international versions have the FM radio but I read they only have 1G of ram also and not 2. I prefer the extra ram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma