Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Launchers

Nova here as well. Went from GS2 to GS3 with Nova, used Touchwiz a whole 30 sec before Nova took over.

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

Nova here. Only problem I have is that the foursquare places widget doesn't work with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    My Nova Launcher themes... The one with the equalizer is my current theme its freaking awesome!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    I'm using Apex Pro.

Also

Two questions:
    1. Is that Equalizer interactive?
    and
    2. How does it work (can you have it as a separate home screen and just Swipe into it to control music?)

Quote Originally Posted by Strider2112 View Post
    I'm using Apex Pro.

Also

Two questions:
    1. Is that Equalizer interactive?
    and
    2. How does it work (can you have it as a separate home screen and just Swipe into it to control music?)
    1. Yeah its interactive, it bounce when music or any sound plays from your phone, and it changes color when you touch it...colors are customizable
    2. It fills all the screens just like any live wallpaper. I have an additional widget for the Play, Forward, Rewind from Widgetoids...it only bounces when music or sound is played, you can't use it to control your music

Either way its freakin awesome...especially in the dark or at night

Smooth.. LOVE the Warna Brother theme.. way cool! Since this is my first Android phone (now about 6 mos), I don't find a problem with TW and I like the new folder animations and style, etc. I use different wallpapers to keep it fun. I tried installing Go and Apex but had no clue how to set them up and in fact during set up with one of them it caused my phone to go black for a minute (I probably tapped the wrong thing). I don't see any tutorials for newbies how to go through the steps of set up, so I just don't bother with it. To me it's the old 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I DID install the JB update without a problem though. Don't see what all the big deal is about launchers, though I have to say that Smooth's screen shots are cool. If anyone has knowledge of good tutorials on setting up Nova or others, please let me know since it would be fun to play with it
    Thanked by:
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Here is my launcher of choice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    Smooth.. LOVE the Warna Brother theme.. way cool! Since this is my first Android phone (now about 6 mos), I don't find a problem with TW and I like the new folder animations and style, etc. I use different wallpapers to keep it fun. I tried installing Go and Apex but had no clue how to set them up and in fact during set up with one of them it caused my phone to go black for a minute (I probably tapped the wrong thing). I don't see any tutorials for newbies how to go through the steps of set up, so I just don't bother with it. To me it's the old 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I DID install the JB update without a problem though. Don't see what all the big deal is about launchers, though I have to say that Smooth's screen shots are cool. If anyone has knowledge of good tutorials on setting up Nova or others, please let me know since it would be fun to play with it
    Thanks! Just play with them its easy to get used to!
    I would suggext playing with Zooper Widget...its amazing!

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MachoDonut View Post
    Nova Prime. Love the gestures.
    I agree, the gestures are great. My main one now is swipe up to launch Google Now.
    Thanked by:
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

I have no complaints with Holo Launcher.

OK.. so I take there are NO good tutorials on how to configure a launcher? Have searched You Tube and nothing is there that really helps. Anyone that can provide any type of step by step for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.. Happy Festivus everyone!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

I haven't found any either I've just played with them to learn them.

I learned by experimenting. Not tough to do. Not really difficult

OK.. so I take there are NO good tutorials on how to configure a launcher? Have searched You Tube and nothing is there that really helps. Anyone that can provide any type of step by step for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.. Happy Festivus everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mlett View Post
    I agree, the gestures are great. My main one now is swipe up to launch Google Now.
    Great Idea! I am stealing this idea!
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

LOL...there are like a million settings in a launcher. Configuring one to your liking is very subjective, so even if someone put out a tutorial, it might not really reflect what you'd want to do. I agree with zapfrog, just install one (I'd suggest Nova) and play around with the settings and see what you like and what you don't. Start with the first setting, and drill down through everything you can find, making changes as you go. Have fun with it.
    cqpearson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KreepyKen View Post
    LOL...there are like a million settings in a launcher. Configuring one to your liking is very subjective, so even if someone put out a tutorial, it might not really reflect what you'd want to do. I agree with zapfrog, just install one (I'd suggest Nova) and play around with the settings and see what you like and what you don't. Start with the first setting, and drill down through everything you can find, making changes as you go. Have fun with it.
    I still like Nemus for my XperiaS. Super lightweight.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

Well I took your advice and installed Go Launcher first.. UGH! I couldn't figure out how to import the apps etc. from TW, the home button was VERY slow to respond and when I removed it, the default Go launcher wallpaper stayed on TW. Then I tried Nova and it imported the TW settings fine, but I found that the menu button was VERY slow to respond also etc, so I removed it as well. Haven't played around with Apex at all yet. My feeling is that I don't have a big problem with TW even though everyone claims using a launcher makes their phones faster, I don't see it. I put a Jelly Bean wallpaper on my phone, put the Voice Search app on the lock screen and home page, removed the search bar and have the weather widget and 8 apps on my home page so I'm good. Maybe someday I'll get back into launchers but for now, I'm sticking with TW

ROM
    TSBB 3.0.3/imo-5.1

Nova Prime

sent from a Galaxy far away
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Anyone know if I try nova will it just over ride GO? Or do I need to uninstall GO first?

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    Anyone know if I try nova will it just over ride GO? Or do I need to uninstall GO first?
    You can have multiple Launchers installed simultaneously & switch back & forth - they don't overwrite each other.

I currently have Nova, Apex, ADW, TSF Shell & Launcher7 installed & switch between them depending on my mood though generally only between Nova & Launcher7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12