Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launchers

Ok I know everyone has their preference for launchers and I use GO.

My question is this, I know they all have pros and cons, quarks, tweaks etc but nowhere can I find a definitive list to compare each launcher.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: Launchers

Read description test them buy if you like

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Nova Launcher is fantastic and blazing fast on the S3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Have you tried YouTube?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I've tried GO, Apex, ADW, Nova, of course TW. RIght now overall favorite is Nova prime, works terrific. But over last 3 days I'm giving the new Action Launcher a try. Thus far it works well but definitely could stand some more features added and hopefully themes will be coming soon.

Nova Prime for me,

tried Go, No Go for me

May give Apex a Go soon to test it out when I get bored with Nova
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

I like Nova Launcher.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Hmmm. I've yet to get bored with TW. It's only been two months, but I guess I just don't get what the big draw is with all the market launchers. And I've yet to see a screenshotand I think I've seen screenshots of most of themthat looks more appealing than TouchWiz, to me. All the other launchers that I've seen so far... typically just look too ho-hum, too blah, or too busy. But I guess that's just me talkin'.

. . and I guess I'll have to start gettin' with the times . . and start trying some other launchers!

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    Nova Prime for me,

tried Go, No Go for me

May give Apex a Go soon to test it out when I get bored with Nova
    Nova and Apex are almost identical, but Nova seems smoother and the developer still updates it.
    Thanked by:
    rong21 

I've been using Apex and it's been great. No problems so far
    GS3 (Sprint)
    google+
    http://gplus.to/twitch88

Default Launchers

Another one for Nova..love it! I may try Apex if I get tired of Nova

Nova is also the only Launcher with global Badge Notifications (not only SMS, GMail & Calls) so for me that makes it my favorite. I also own Apex, ADW & Launcher 7 but always go back to Nova...hooked on Badge Notifications!

More flexibility to change things with a launcher. More widgets and themes and you can get rid of the Google search bar if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    Hmmm. I've yet to get bored with TW. It's only been two months, but I guess I just don't get what the big draw is with all the market launchers. And I've yet to see a screenshotand I think I've seen screenshots of most of themthat looks more appealing than TouchWiz, to me. All the other launchers that I've seen so far... typically just look too ho-hum, too blah, or too busy. But I guess that's just me talkin'.

. . and I guess I'll have to start gettin' with the times . . and start trying some other launchers!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    More flexibility to change things with a launcher. More widgets and themes and you can get rid of the Google search bar if you want to
    Thanks rong21. Hey! we're both 21's! Did you notice that?

So, not just themes, but also widgets and other stuff, so e.g. when I upgraded from my GSII Skyrocket to the GS3 . . and was thenceforth disappointed to not find the same applications & widgets (even though they were both on the same ICS 4.0.4 builds), including no: 'Power-Saving Toolbar' widget, and 'Application Monitor' widget, etc., on the GS3 . . . I could have loaded one of the Market launchers and possibly found widgets similar to what I was missing and looking for? Plus cooler themes, huh?

Thanks again. Maybe I'll check some out tomorrow. Um, from one 21, to another . . what are your fav launchers?

Some widgets are built specifically for the manufacturers UI. I figured that out the hard way back when I switched to ADW EX on my EVO. More often than not, you will be able to find a comparable widget on the market, but you can't make HTC sense, TW, Blur etc. do anything more than they're made to do. That's where the big advantage to custom launchers come in.
    GS3 (Sprint)
    google+
    http://gplus.to/twitch88
    Thanked by:
    winmod21 likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

From the Nova Launcher list it appears to do much of the same as Go Launcher, I'll have to look on YouTube for deeper answers. Many say Go slows down their phone, I haven't noticed this.

I picked 21 at random.............rong already existed. Nova is my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    Thanks rong21. Hey! we're both 21's! Did you notice that?

So, not just themes, but also widgets and other stuff, so e.g. when I upgdraded from my GSII Skyrocket to the GS3 . . and was thenceforth disappointed to not find the same applications & widgets (even though they were both on the same ICS 4.0.4 builds), including no: 'Power-Saving Toolbar' widget, and 'Application Monitor' widget, etc., on the GS3 . . . I could have loaded one of the Market launchers and possibly found widgets similar to what I was missing and looking for? Plus cooler themes, huh?

Thanks again. Maybe I'll check some out tomorrow. Um, from one 21, to another . . what are your fav launchers?

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I'm in the Nova Prime group too.

When I got my S3, Apex and Nova were going back and forth in updating so tried both and they are very similar. I decided I liked Nova slightly better so I bought the Prime and stuck with it. TouchWiz didn't have enough customization for me. Especially with such a big screen, it seems like so much space was wasted. So I got a launcher after just a day of TW.

I'm interested in Action Launcher since I really like Tweetlanes, but not sure if I would like it as my daily launcher.

@OP

Read here. Very good thread about the various launchers that are available.
    Thanked by:

Nova prime time.

Nova Prime. Love the gestures.

Nemus is really clean for me although I use Go Locker.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Launchers-uploadfromtaptalk1355424688410.jpg  

Nemus app screen.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Launchers-uploadfromtaptalk1355424798792.jpg  

GO Launcher is more for like people who want automatic customization, or to download customization themes without having to do the work of customizing on their own
    NOVA Launcher are for those who want to customize each thing on their own, from icons to colors to widgets

I prefer NOVA launcher for that reason, and its fast and awesome!!

My Nova Launcher themes... The one with the equalizer is my current theme its freaking awesome!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Launchers-uploadfromtaptalk1355428412346.jpg   Launchers-uploadfromtaptalk1355428419532.jpg   Launchers-uploadfromtaptalk1355428431318.jpg   Launchers-uploadfromtaptalk1355428440487.jpg   Launchers-uploadfromtaptalk1355428451678.jpg  

- Using the Galaxy S5! -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast