Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lock screen question

How do I increase the screen on time? It goes out before I get to read the news ticker
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Default Re: lock screen question

There's a bug in the software where if you set the Secured Lock Time setting to something shorter than the Screen Timeout setting, then the screen only stays on for like 10 seconds. I had my timeout set to 1 minute, then the Secured Lock Time set to 15 seconds so if the screen went dark, I had 15 seconds to swipe it open before it would lock. Worked great on 4.0.4. But on 4.1.1, those settings caused the phone to time out after 10 seconds. Very annoying. I fixed it by setting both settings to 1 minute. The phone locks as soon as the screen times out, but I can live with that. These settings each appear in two different settings panels, but you can find both of them in Settings --> Accessibility. Just set both to 1 minute (or 3 minutes, or whatever you want...just make sure they're the same).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have no secured lock screen time only for home screen can I adjust how long screen stays on. I went to display I went to assessibility and to lock screen. No way to adjust how long lock screen stays on.

You can do so like this
    Settings -> Display -> Screen Timeout

Increase the time to how long the screen stays on...it also works for the lock screen

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    You can do so like this
    Settings -> Display -> Screen Timeout

Increase the time to how long the screen stays on...it also works for the lock screen
    This setting does nothing for the lockscreen timeout. My lockscreen only stays on for about 5 seconds. Changing the screen timeout only effects the homescreen but has no effect on the amount of time for the lockscreen timeout.
    (And Ken's advise above does not work, as I do not have a secured lock setting.)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have it on three minutes in display same on accessibility but lock screen goes out in seconds unless I hit a news item on the ticker