1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default several issues/questions with galaxy s3

I just purchased an S3, thought it was a good upgrade from my Atrix. I am however having some issues and dont know if it is just user error or what...

First, i am only able to send messages via facebook messenger if i am connected via wifi. but i can brows the net via my browser..
    Second, i have downloaded the facebook app, and added it as an account but my contacts only show up when logged into facebook.
    Third, unless i am connected to wifi i keep getting an error message that "the hotmail server is unavailable" for my hotmail account.
    Fourth, and this really makes no since, when i try to use voice to text sometimes it wont work. i can't remember what exactly it says but the circle and microphone that shows it to be listening will turn into a triangle..

this is blowing my mind. I never had these issues with my Atrix. Is there some setting that i am just missing
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: several issues/questions with galaxy s3

none of those make sense at all, as a whole, I would say do a factory reset and set the phone back up. I have had the SGS3 on both VZW and Sprint and had none of the problems you describe.

Default Re: several issues/questions with galaxy s3

The only thing that comes to mind is this. Go to <settings>, <data usage>, <mobile> tab (it defaults to this tab). Scroll down to the list of apps (the list includes those apps that have been using the most data), and tap on an app in the list. Scroll down and see if the "restrict background data" box is checked.