Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi Tethering Options?

First of all, I wanna say how awesome this community has been in helping me convert from iOS to Android. Went from the 4s to S3 and never looked back. Tried not to clutter the forums as much as possible by reading what was already written to ease the transition as much as I can. However, I've now run into an issue that I have not found a solution to: I've updated to the official JB by At&t, how do I wi-fi tether now? Got a trip coming up for the holidays and I'm sure the kids will want to use the internet at some point during the trip, figured this would help keep them quiet. How much data, rate of data or whatnot do you suggest using off of say FoxFi tethering before At&t sends me an email saying stop? I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan if that matters. I've never actually gotten a chance to tether off my s3 since getting it about a month ago, never really needed/cared to until now.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Default Re: Wifi Tethering Options?

I had the free version FoxFi before the JB upgrade... then upgraded and FoxFi asked for $8 to get it to start working again. I thought it was worth the shot and took it. I haven't used it in mass amounts yet... but the initial tests I have done work well.

ATT hasn't shut me down yet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Wifi Tethering Options?

So the paid version of FoxFi works with JB? If so, that's great. Fairly easy set up I assume?