Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Default keyboard issue

I'm in the same boat with all of you. I've been trying to make SwiftKey my default for a month or so and
    it won't stay as default. I do tend to turn off my phone almost every night and wasn't aware that that can add
    to the issue, but I've also reset it during the day and still it reverts to the android board whenever it feels like it.
    I love Swiftkey but am finding that Swype works very similarly to it and will use that until there is a fix for Swiftkey
    on my Samsung Rugby Android.
    If anyone come up with a fix please advise.

Regards,
    Len
    Regards,
    Len

Its not just a Swiftkey problem - it is a problem with any purchased app. I also had it on Swype's paid play store version. I use Business Calendar Pro and the phone kept reverting to the stock calendar. Other forums say its because Google Play installs paid apps in a location not seen during the process of booting up and loading defaults. It does not happen with downloaded free apps.
    On my S3, I just lived with it, and it has been fixed with the update to 4.3.

Well, I had the same issue with the free/trial version before I bought the paid version.
    Last night I had an on line chat with a rep. from Samsung and here is what I was told to do. Shut down the
    device>remove the battery>replace the battery>go to settings>language and keyboard>select input method>
    select SwiftKey. Although it seemed to me that I'd done the several times previously, this time it seems to have
    worked. I used it all day today without a problem. Seems like it's now recognized as my default.

Regards,
    Len
    Regards,
    Len

I just started using TouchPal..... so far it's awesome, I like it a whole lot better than Swiftkey or kii

Sent from my SM-T210R using AC Forums mobile app

After a couple of days since I reset the device with a rep. from Samsung I have to say that I now believe
    that it is indeed being recognized as the default keyboard. It has not reverted back to the android board
    even though I've re-started the device a few times during this period.
    Regards,
    Len

I tried using these steps on my Samsung Galaxy SII SPH-D710BST on Boost Mobile, and like yourself have tried the exact same procedure before in the past, but it still didn't work.

Posted via my Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII SPH-D710BST

Quote Originally Posted by Vern441 View Post
    I tried using these steps on my Samsung Galaxy SII SPH-D710BST on Boost Mobile, and like yourself have tried the exact same procedure before in the past, but it still didn't work.

Posted via my Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII SPH-D710BST
    Try calling Samsung or go to their support page and click on chat. Explain the situation and tell them the
    make/model of your phone. Maybe there is a different procedure for a Galaxy.
    This worked for me when no one else could help me.
    Regards,
    Len
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123