Default keyboard issue

jay_g

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Swiftkey and have it as default. Ever since JB update when ever I restart my phone the Samsung keyboard is set back to default so I have to go in and change it back to swiftkey. I did a factory reset right after the update. Starting to bug me.

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, it's something with 4.1.1. This happens to me with Swype and Smart Keyboard Pro. After digging around, everyone is pointing to a bug in 4.1.1 that is causing this.

tappinlappin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I use Swiftkey and have it as default. Ever since JB update when ever I restart my phone the Samsung keyboard is set back to default so I have to go in and change it back to swiftkey. I did a factory reset right after the update. Starting to bug me.

I updated to JB a few days back and I didn't have this issue, then I did a factory reset this morning and now I am having the same issue as you are, lol... I just now rebooted my phone to make sure and it defaulted back to the stock keyboard. I have to go into swiftkey and reselect it as my default keyboard. I will try to contact swiftkey too and see what they can do. I am glad I saw this post:)
Don

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using SwiftKey Flow, and I'm not having this problem. I'm on 4.1.1 and I did a factory reset last weekend. SwiftKey Flow has stayed as my default the whole time.

sp0tted

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, after performing a factory reset. From what I understand, this is a 4.1.1 bug.

Oddly, I experienced this issue when I was running SwiftKey. When I updated to the SwiftKey Flow beta, the problem went away.

This leads me to believe it is not just a 4.1.1 issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Even with SwiftKey 3.1 I'm having the same issue but not with SwiftKey flow beta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ByteTraveler

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Same here... My wife & I got new SIII handsets a couple of days ago, which updated to 4.1.1 the first night, while charging. Since then, both phones "forget" their default keyboard after a reboot, and we're back to the Samsung keyboard... Happens every single time on two different phones, and the few third-party keyboards we've tested.

Max Rebo

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using SwiftKey Flow, and I'm not having this problem. I'm on 4.1.1 and I did a factory reset last weekend. SwiftKey Flow has stayed as my default the whole time.

I just realized I had this problem as well. Installing SwiftKey Flow Beta seems to have fixed the issue for me. However, the issue still remains when using the SwiftKey 3 app.

stickysteph

May 25, 2012
Visit site
This is evidently an issue with where the Play store is installing SwiftKey. I read that you can uninstall SwiftKey, then reinstall via the apk (not Play store) as a workaround... But then you won't get updates.

Hopefully an update to Play will fix. Whenever that happens...

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep.. I have the same problem since 4.1.1 update.. My fix is simply not restarting the phone, LOL. After all, how often do we need to restart anyway? Am wondering if anyone noticed a lag in response time with the home button after the update too.. Overall, I'm pleased with JB, but it's the little things like this that are annoying.. I still wonder if it really is a JB update issue or if Swiftkey needs to update to fix the problem.. I haven't installed Flow yet since it's still beta :)

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I chatted with support this morning and they told me that there are no reported issues with the keyboard switching issue. She said what is necessary is to go into the Samsung Keyboard app and clear the data and cache, which I have done.. With luck this will resolve the issue

robinto

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I just cleared the cashed memory on the Samsung keyboard and did a restart and this fixed my problem

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I chatted with support this morning and they told me that there are no reported issues with the keyboard switching issue. She said what is necessary is to go into the Samsung Keyboard app and clear the data and cache, which I have done.. With luck this will resolve the issue

I just cleared the cashed memory on the Samsung keyboard and did a restart and this fixed my problem

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

I tried clearing the data and cache in samsung keyboard (under manage apps), restarted the phone and it went back to samsung keyboard. Is there something that I maybe missing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta