Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Awful battery life after Jelly Bean update.

I finally caved and did a factory reset. It makes a world of difference. Battery life is much improved, and I still have the benefits of the Jelly Bean upgrade. A little bit of a pain, but it fixed all of my battery problems.

Hey guys. I am new to the forums and really need help. I just got my Galaxy S3 two days ago from a Verizon store. I love it, except the battery life is horrendous. I have done many things to try to conserve it like disabling features and downloading juice defender. The battery life was much better since, but it is still bad compared to my old iPhone. I get7 hours and 13 minutes on battery with 9 percent left. My screen time on is 4 hours and 22 minutes at 9 percent. My display is using 43 percent of power, the Android OS is using 17 percent, and the internet is using 9 percent. Is my battery/phone defective? What do I do? Thank you!

Factory reset do helpAwful battery life after Jelly Bean update.-uploadfromtaptalk1360023269919.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kergosien Jr View Post
    Hey guys. I am new to the forums and really need help. I just got my Galaxy S3 two days ago from a Verizon store. I love it, except the battery life is horrendous. I have done many things to try to conserve it like disabling features and downloading juice defender. The battery life was much better since, but it is still bad compared to my old iPhone. I get7 hours and 13 minutes on battery with 9 percent left. My screen time on is 4 hours and 22 minutes at 9 percent. My display is using 43 percent of power, the Android OS is using 17 percent, and the internet is using 9 percent. Is my battery/phone defective? What do I do? Thank you!
    Over 4hrs of screen on time is pretty damn good for the Galaxy S3! I wouldn't complain too much about that. What was your screen brightness set to?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Well basically my phone today died at 3 PM. It's 4 hours of screen on time then like 3 more hours of standby then it's dead. My brightness is set to about 25 percent. Using juice defender pro.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kergosien Jr View Post
    Well basically my phone today died at 3 PM. It's 4 hours of screen on time then like 3 more hours of standby then it's dead. My brightness is set to about 25 percent. Using juice defender pro.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    That's still pretty good. You may wanna invest in an extended battery or carry your charger w/ you if you use your phone that much. You can probably do a lot better than that w/ an extended battery. Have you thought about rooting & installing another kernel that will allow you to undervolt your device. That's what I do. It has seemed to help my battery out a pretty good bit.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

That's actually really good and I would be happy with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ive been having the same problem with my lg optimus L9 since i got the jelly bean update my battery life also for some reasoon when my phone is under 60% it shut offs by itself only way i turn it back is by taking the battery out n putting it back in i just bought a new battery for my phone cause ever the update my phone wasnt working with the update i want the ice ccrean sandwich back

i have the same problem with my lg optimus L9 my battery life is at under 60% n my phone goes off n the only way i can turn it back on is when i take the battery out n put it back in then my phone was working at all with the battery so i went n bought a new battery n it works but still having the same problems with this update i want to go back to the ice cream sndwich
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12