SD folder names..same as the phone?

mumbo jumbo

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I recently got my 64gb micro sd and want to put movies, roms, music on it, but do I need to create folder names that are exactly the same as on the phone to save them there? I know some app will ask you to save to internal/sd. Since we can no longer move apps to sd, I need to save as much space on the phone as possible. Any help is appreciated:cool:

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
When I did mine I just created folders named DCIM, documents, Download, Music, and Videos initially and everything else was populated on its own. For example, the Webzine on Dolphin created its own folder.

Btw the path will be
/storage/extSdCard/

I set this as my home in ES File Explorer

Oh yeah, and the Camera should prompt you to store on External SD card when opened.

mumbo jumbo

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
When I did mine I just created folders named DCIM, documents, Download, Music, and Videos initially and everything else was populated on its own. For example, the Webzine on Dolphin created its own folder.

Btw the path will be
/storage/extSdCard/

I set this as my home in ES File Explorer

Oh yeah, and the Camera should prompt you to store on External SD card when opened.

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

mumbo jumbo

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I already have the below path (I just added "downloads") is that correct
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355788131124.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355788131124.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 8

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Forgot that the path can also be accessed through the sd mount (mnt) directory.

Also, be aware that sd cards that big have a higher failure rate. Not trying to be Debbie Downer, just be sure to back up anything precious (like pictures of your children) regularly. That is the only thing on my card that I don't already have a copy of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21