- 173 Posts
HELP: Cannot make S Beam work
Two of my co-workers got their S III's a while back and recently wanted to try to share a video or photo. I have all the settings turned on, we can connect fine, we bump phones and both vibrate and mine says "Touch to bean", I do that and nothing, other person never gets my transfers. They try sending to me, nothing. My phone just sits there like it's blocking any of the transfers. I have jelly bean as do the other folks. The other co-workers can transfer to each other without issue. So what in the world is keeping my phone from sending/receiving via S-Beam??
- 12-18-2012, 02:25 PM #3
- 12-18-2012, 02:28 PM #4
- 165 Posts
Re: HELP: Cannot make S Beam work
I've only used it a couple of times since I got the phone so I am no expert, but I recall that after enabling NFC, Wifi-Direct, checking the File sharing box and detecting nearby devices you have to navigate to the video, pic, mp3, etc,. that you want to send and share via wifi-direct. In other words tap and hold the file in your file manager and the menu should pop up with the option to share via wifi-direct at the bottom of the menu.
I think there is also a glitch which prevents a "3-way" so to speak. Try it with just one other person (S3) in the room.
It may be helpful to rename your device under the Nearby Devices menu so that it has an easily identifiable name at the end instead of just i747 and number.
S-beam is not a terribly easy process but it does work.
- 12-18-2012, 03:53 PM #5
- 12-20-2012, 02:43 PM #6
- By Rene Ritchie in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 156Last Post: 05-19-2013, 08:19 PM
- By jrgonz454 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2012, 04:15 AM
- By wapz in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 2Last Post: 06-30-2012, 02:53 PM
- By derekbruce03 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2012, 04:17 PM
- By lster in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2011, 07:08 AM