- 1 Posts
Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy s 2
I am wanting to buy a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy s 2. Would it be the best to buy the one from Walmart that is for Straight Talk or buy a ATT Samsung Galaxy s 2 and get a sim card? I don't know much about phones, I have a LG 840 tracfone now. Will I have alot of problems if I buy one I have to use with a sim card? Thanks in advance
- 12-20-2012, 07:57 AM #2
Re: Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy s 2HTC One (ATT GSM)
Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
- 12-20-2012, 10:38 AM #3
Re: Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy s 2
I worked in a walmart wireless store for a few years during college, and like cgardner said the straight talk branded android phone will probably run on sprints network. During the time I worked there I had to process more returns then I can count of straight talk android phone because they run off sprint towers and where I live sprint has very poor coverage. Some straight talk phones use ATT towers, some use verizon, and some use sprint. Not sure if this has changed but when I worked there you could tell which towers each phone used by looking at the box, and it was written in one of the corners can't remember which but look for these words. If it says "GSM" then it's probably AT&T (Don't think any use tmobile), "CDMA" means verizon, and "CDMA-S" means sprint.
As for using a galaxy s II you get from AT&T on straight talk I'm not sure. I would think since it has a sim lock it wouldn't accept a straight talk sim, but I could be wrong.
- By mclanso in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 06-30-2013, 10:26 AM
- By Travis Burris1 in forum Samsung Galaxy PrecedentReplies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2013, 05:34 AM
- By rosser in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 08-28-2012, 06:56 PM
- By robtonet in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-21-2012, 07:45 PM
- By shawayne21 in forum Sold / Archived Marketplace ThreadsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM