Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Regarding Battery Life : (First Time Android User)

I have started using Samsung Galaxy S3 starting this Sunday and upgraded to JellyBean yesterday and have been seeing battery issues: I am not exactly sure of the reasons.Please check my battery drain graph and provide me suggestions if you have any.

Please find the battery drain and display statistics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Regarding Battery Life : (First Time Android User)-2012-12-18-15.38.50.png   Regarding Battery Life : (First Time Android User)-2012-12-18-15.40.24.png  

Default Re: Regarding Battery Life : (First Time Android User)

Anytime I do an update I do a factory reset right after the update. Since I've done both of them I haven't had any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Do you have power saving on? Wi-Fi and GPS off when not in use? About what percent is your screen brightness?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Screen 90% ♡ help my

Turn the screen to 50% or less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Often times, "Maps" is my #1 battery drainer, particularly if I leave my phone in the car while I am at work. Any idea why "Maps" would use so much battery if the phone is just in standby and the navigation isn't being used?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Maybe I'am missing something here but it seems kind of weird to me how his battery level graph just drops at that one point. I have not noticed my battery life being any better or worse since JB so far. I have a habit of swiping away most of the apps in the multitasking menu that I don't use frequently, and I keep my brightness on auto and leave wifi and gps on. I've been happy with my battery life on my S3, not blown away by it but happy with it. It gets me through a full day with moderate use with a good deal of life left in it.

Sarwin.. do you have Juice Defender installed? If not, I suggest you get it right away. Also I would agree with the other folks.. turn the auto screen brightness OFF and set the screen at about 75%. And make sure you have Power Saving mode enabled in Settings too.. I'm not a power user but I easily get 36+ hours on a single charge