Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Now Cards

I always thought that when you got a new card, it would show up in the notification bar. However, this never happens for me. When I go into Google Now though, there are new cards I haven't seen (sports finals, nearby events, suggested articles, updated weather, etc.). Do I just need to turn on a setting or is this just how it works (that they never show in the notification bar). Thanks.

Default Re: Google Now Cards

I am still trying to figure out how to get the cards to even populate. I get nearby events sometimes and of course it always shows weather.

Mine has just started giving me a travel time to home map card. I have location history enabled in Google Maps. I could be wrong on this, but I think you have to use Google Now to do searches rather than just in your mobile browser (even if it is a google search). I have used it to search my basketball team several times over the last few days in the hopes that a card will pop up with the score tonight when they play.

Give it time to learn and also make sure all the settings are on in the settings... The do come in the notifications, it's useful I love it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google Now Cards-uploadfromtaptalk1355951761843.jpg   Google Now Cards-uploadfromtaptalk1355951770666.jpg   Google Now Cards-uploadfromtaptalk1355951778247.jpg  
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyMcgee View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how to get the cards to even populate. I get nearby events sometimes and of course it always shows weather.
    Also click "Show More Cards" at the bottom to show other cards

no college sports? Lame!
    cannot add college teams in sports settings.