GF S3 wont get JellyBean update for some reason. HELP!

BigBoz

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC One X and never owned a Sammy product. I really dont know much about the S3. But hers been acting up really bad. She on 4.0.4 and afew ppl I work with S3's are on 4.1.1. We tried clicking the "Update Software" button but it says its up to date. So I'm not sure what else to do. Bottomline she pissed cuz the phone acting up really bad and none of her email account wont take. Can anybody help me get out the "Dog House" PLEASE?

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
To get it you'll have to download KIES from Samsung then plug your girlfriend's SGS3 into it. Then plug it in and Kies should show that it needs an update.

Edit: If you don't know how to get Kies and want instructions from Samsung, Click Here -> SAMSUNG
Or copy and paste this link:
Code:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050358&fm_seq=55362

Edit 2: I never did allow Kies to back up my information which did make it install faster (mostly because I already had everything backed up).

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I was told by Samsung that att cant push that size update ota where Verizon/Sprint can
Att support said no ota
Good luck with kies it can be finicky to say the least
Good luck

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to enable USB debugging and disable screen update and the strict mode in Developer Options. Open Kies. Connect your GS3. Don't disconnect until prompted. When prompted, disconnect and pull the battery for two minutes. Restart your GS3.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet