S3 jelly bean update help please....

bmkpoe

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Keis isn't showing the update for my phone. Every time I connect my phone and open Keis it shows nothing under firmware not even the current version of my phone. That section is blank. I've un installed 2x and reinstalled but nothing. Most of the time I can't even get Keis to open on my computer. I want the jb update.... Help please. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
there are countless threads on this board addressing this issue with many different things you may have to try in order to get yours to work. Look through them and see if one of them works

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Like rong21 said I would search the forums first. Sadly Kies seems to be a pretty crappy program. I only had one issue getting it to work right and that was due to the USB drivers. After following the steps in the link bellow the update went smooth as butter for me. Maybe you can give this a shot, couldn't hurt i guess.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/211993-hardware-id-missing-error.html

Scroll down to post number 9 and follow the instruction EXACTLY. It is particularly important that you disconnect from the internet or else windows will install the USB drivers that were giving me alot of trouble and not the ones that seem to work. Best of luck buddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol