Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Default Re: New S3 lasted barely a day..

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    $20 fix if you're brave.
    Minus the HORRIBLE commentary, it does seem like an easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by SoreAintya View Post
    The irony is her case arrived Friday afternoon..
    As for insurance, I have it on her line covering her S2, through AT&T, so I don't see why it wouldn't transfer to the S3. So maybe I can wait a bit and file a claim. There's no way I'm paying $100-200 to fix a phone that I paid $5 for - she'll have to live with it before I do that.
    This may be creepy but do you live in Arkansas? I saw Murfreesboro on the screen in the pic and was like "Oh hey, fellow Arkansan."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I think the worth of the phone matters more than what you pay..

Live and learn. Get the insurance. Order the OB Defender before the next smartphone arrives.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

The irony in my case was that I had my GS3 almost 4 weeks before my Defender arrived. It was the first phone that I didn't drop before getting a case.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

The Defender is too much for me, even the Commuter is a bit much. Just about anything would be better than nothing for the S3, they really should have done an anti slip coating on this phone, it is like it will jump out of your hands lol.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    The Defender is too much for me, even the Commuter is a bit much. Just about anything would be better than nothing for the S3, they really should have done an anti slip coating on this phone, it is like it will jump out of your hands lol.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    This is why I use the gel case on my phone, the damn thing is so slick and thin that it won't even stay in my car dock without the gel grip.

I got in on the Samsung special registration deal last night right before they ran out--six free tectiles and a free flip case--so I will see if I like the flip case compared to my gel case.

frankly, I don't see the flip case being as good because it doesn't really protect the corners of the s3 which I think are the most vulnerable spots.

I think otterbox is a good decision if you tend to drop your phone alot, but for me it just appears as if someone has put offroad tires on a sportscar.

I recommend you try going to bb and add insurance. Then see what they would say or if they would let you put on the insurance. If that doesn't work the best solution is to put on a screen protector and a case in the phone and just live with it like that. It's actually not that bad unless the glass is pulling off the phone. Good luck! That is why I don't use my phone till I get the case or get the warranty up front. I paid the $180 for my insurance. Got the geek squad one. I figured it's less than sprint insurance and no deductible. Only problem is if I lose it or get it stolen I'm screwed. But hey, things happen. Hope it works out with the insurance. And by the way to get bb insurance you have to get out in the store after showing them the phone. If you didn't get it when you purchased phone they will not add it unless they see it add within 30 days, although some people say it's 15 days.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by Captian4Phones View Post
    This may be creepy but do you live in Arkansas? I saw Murfreesboro on the screen in the pic and was like "Oh hey, fellow Arkansan."

Murfreesboro Tennessee. Odd there's more than one city with that horrible name.
    Captian4Phones likes this.

Hey I joined the "had the S3 less than a month before I cracked the screen club" But when you people say you cracked it, does it mean just the glass broke or is it like mine where the colors have gone dark on most of the screen and is only partly visable? I have the insurance, but the deductable is rather spendy just to get a re-furbished phone from Asurion Insurance Services. Anybody with any constructive help? Thanks in advance.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12