Best deal on an S3 today 12/29/12

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I saw a T-Mobile commercial last night whilst watching a Bowl Game, and their advert was $0. down.

You know what though? Hasn't T-Mobile stated the no discount phones and your bill is more until the full priced phone is paid off? If they haven't started it yet, it will be soon, could be the $0 DOWN meaning.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about that. That was the first time I've heard them advertised as "$0. Down". Nonetheless, it would surprise me if there wasn't some angle to it.

- - - Updated - - -

$79. upgrades @ Amazon.

It seems like someplace is doing $49. though, at least ever other weekend. I'd wait for a $49. deal, maximum. ;)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup just read a couple weeks ago T-Mobile was stopping subsidized phones and the price is "financed" on your monthly bill.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
BTW, great free app to get all kinds of info on your device, such as learning that Sammy is about to offer an extended battery kit and I already know that registering your device gives you a 50% discount coupon code. BTW, doing a new register with a new email addy will probably work if you have already registered ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drippler.android.updates&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmRyaXBwbGVyLmFuZHJvaWQudXBkYXRlcyJd

Edited to change the link to the general app and not device specific. It will check for your device, I would recommend the general app.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup just read a couple weeks ago T-Mobile was stopping subsidized phones and the price is "financed" on your monthly bill.

Sorry to divert from the topic at hand, but does this mean that people are going to have to pay full price for the phones up front? Regardless of how cheap it is in the long run, I can't see this going over too well.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to divert from the topic at hand, but does this mean that people are going to have to pay full price for the phones up front? Regardless of how cheap it is in the long run, I can't see this going over too well.

Exactly..full price, your bill is more for a couple of years, then your bill drops. The good points, no waiting to upgrade, the bad points, don't see your bill dropping much and most people don't keep a phone past the upgrade time, except iphone users.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
BTW, great free app to get all kinds of info on your device, such as learning that Sammy is about to offer an extended battery kit and I already know that registering your device gives you a 50% discount coupon code. BTW, doing a new register with a new email addy will probably work if you have already registered
I just registered my GS3 with Samsung? a few minutes ago? but didn't get "a 50% discount coupon code." And then, the Samsung site doesn't even list my wifes' (black) Galaxy Note in their registration model # drop-down list, only the 'Ceramic White' & 'Carbon Blue' AT&T Galaxy Notes. That seems strange. I wonder how we're supposed to register her (black) Note?

Or, is that "50% discount coupon code" . . .just via the Android Updates, News & Apps ? Drippler app?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just registered my GS3 with Samsung? a few minutes ago? but didn't get "a 50% discount coupon code." And then, the Samsung site doesn't even list my wifes' (black) Galaxy Note in their registration model # drop-down list, only the 'Ceramic White' & 'Carbon Blue' AT&T Galaxy Notes. That seems strange. I wonder how we're supposed to register her (black) Note?

Or, is that "50% discount coupon code" . . .just via the Android Updates, News & Apps ? Drippler app?

Nope you should get an email from Sammy and "a gift for you" might take a bit to come.

Oh, I think you can find model by "serial number" also, if I remember correctly.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Nope you should get an email from Sammy and "a gift for you" might take a bit to come.
Thanks. The Sammy emails did come. I guess it helps to check the same email address that you give Sammy.

Oh, I think you can find model by "serial number" also, if I remember correctly.
Tried model number and "serial number", but no go on either. The Samsung websites' ? 'My Account' ? 'Register a Device' ... lists the 'Ceramic White' & 'Carbon Blue' SGH-i717 Galaxy Notes ... but not the (black) SGH-i717 Note. Seems weird.
The Chat person gave me a 'Voice Support' phone # to call, but its monday thru sat., so I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions & help.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. The Sammy emails did come. I guess it helps to check the same email address that you give Sammy.

Tried model number and "serial number", but no go on either. The Samsung websites' ? 'My Account' ? 'Register a Device' ... lists the 'Ceramic White' & 'Carbon Blue' SGH-i717 Galaxy Notes ... but not the (black) SGH-i717 Note. Seems weird.
The Chat person gave me a 'Voice Support' phone # to call, but its monday thru sat., so I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions & help.

Yes, call them, they can handle it, also ask about your 50% off code. I would register your wife's phone under a difference account though, make sure you get two codes ;)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Guess it would help if I read the entire post hahahaha..glad you got it.

I'm looking at a bluetooth and docking station that will connect to my Smart TV. The code didn't work for my order, so I stopped it and called, have to call them tomorrow, phone support said it should, it is a phone accessory.

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Staples....Best price was last week at staples. Made 25 dollars when buy the s3... This week they have it for 49.99 out the door

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums