Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Back to Stock TW

Default Best deal on an S3 today 12/29/12

RadioShack has it for $99, is there any better deals out there for AT&T?

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Default Re: Best deal on an S3 today 12/29/12

I saw a T-Mobile commercial last night whilst watching a Bowl Game, and their advert was $0. down.

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    I saw a T-Mobile commercial last night whilst watching a Bowl Game, and their advert was $0. down.
    He's looking for AT&T though.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    He's looking for AT&T though.
    Oh! Right! I forgot this was the AT&T Forum.

If your contract is up, many times the retention dept will meet prices..just sayin'

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

That's a good deal for a pretty good device

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You know what though? Hasn't T-Mobile stated the no discount phones and your bill is more until the full priced phone is paid off? If they haven't started it yet, it will be soon, could be the $0 DOWN meaning.

ROM

Don't know about that. That was the first time I've heard them advertised as "$0. Down". Nonetheless, it would surprise me if there wasn't some angle to it.

- - - Updated - - -

$79. upgrades @ Amazon.

It seems like someplace is doing $49. though, at least ever other weekend. I'd wait for a $49. deal, maximum.

Yup just read a couple weeks ago T-Mobile was stopping subsidized phones and the price is "financed" on your monthly bill.

BTW, great free app to get all kinds of info on your device, such as learning that Sammy is about to offer an extended battery kit and I already know that registering your device gives you a 50% discount coupon code. BTW, doing a new register with a new email addy will probably work if you have already registered

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...QudXBkYXRlcyJd

Edited to change the link to the general app and not device specific. It will check for your device, I would recommend the general app.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Yup just read a couple weeks ago T-Mobile was stopping subsidized phones and the price is "financed" on your monthly bill.

Sorry to divert from the topic at hand, but does this mean that people are going to have to pay full price for the phones up front? Regardless of how cheap it is in the long run, I can't see this going over too well.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Sorry to divert from the topic at hand, but does this mean that people are going to have to pay full price for the phones up front? Regardless of how cheap it is in the long run, I can't see this going over too well.
    Exactly..full price, your bill is more for a couple of years, then your bill drops. The good points, no waiting to upgrade, the bad points, don't see your bill dropping much and most people don't keep a phone past the upgrade time, except iphone users.

ROM

BTW, great free app to get all kinds of info on your device, such as learning that Sammy is about to offer an extended battery kit and I already know that registering your device gives you a 50% discount coupon code. BTW, doing a new register with a new email addy will probably work if you have already registered
    I just registered my GS3 with Samsung a few minutes ago but didn't get "a 50% discount coupon code." And then, the Samsung site doesn't even list my wifes' (black) Galaxy Note in their registration model # drop-down list, only the 'Ceramic White' & 'Carbon Blue' AT&T Galaxy Notes. That seems strange. I wonder how we're supposed to register her (black) Note?

Or, is that "50% discount coupon code" . . .just via the Android Updates, News & Apps Drippler app?

I just registered my GS3 with Samsung a few minutes ago but didn't get "a 50% discount coupon code." And then, the Samsung site doesn't even list my wifes' (black) Galaxy Note in their registration model # drop-down list, only the 'Ceramic White' & 'Carbon Blue' AT&T Galaxy Notes. That seems strange. I wonder how we're supposed to register her (black) Note?

Or, is that "50% discount coupon code" . . .just via the Android Updates, News & Apps Drippler app?
    Nope you should get an email from Sammy and "a gift for you" might take a bit to come.

Oh, I think you can find model by "serial number" also, if I remember correctly.
    Thanked by:

Shouldn't take days to come, maybe hours at the most. Double check and make sure your device is in your account at Sammy.
    Thanked by:

ROM

Nope you should get an email from Sammy and "a gift for you" might take a bit to come.
    Thanks. The Sammy emails did come. I guess it helps to check the same email address that you give Sammy.

Oh, I think you can find model by "serial number" also, if I remember correctly.
    Tried model number and "serial number", but no go on either. The Samsung websites' 'My Account' 'Register a Device' ... lists the 'Ceramic White' & 'Carbon Blue' SGH-i717 Galaxy Notes ... but not the (black) SGH-i717 Note. Seems weird.
    The Chat person gave me a 'Voice Support' phone # to call, but its monday thru sat., so I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions & help.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Thanks. The Sammy emails did come. I guess it helps to check the same email address that you give Sammy.

Tried model number and "serial number", but no go on either. The Samsung websites' 'My Account' 'Register a Device' ... lists the 'Ceramic White' & 'Carbon Blue' SGH-i717 Galaxy Notes ... but not the (black) SGH-i717 Note. Seems weird.
    The Chat person gave me a 'Voice Support' phone # to call, but its monday thru sat., so I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions & help.
    Yes, call them, they can handle it, also ask about your 50% off code. I would register your wife's phone under a difference account though, make sure you get two codes
    winmod21 likes this.

Guess it would help if I read the entire post hahahaha..glad you got it.

I'm looking at a bluetooth and docking station that will connect to my Smart TV. The code didn't work for my order, so I stopped it and called, have to call them tomorrow, phone support said it should, it is a phone accessory.

Staples....Best price was last week at staples. Made 25 dollars when buy the s3... This week they have it for 49.99 out the door

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tcox10 View Post
    Staples....Best price was last week at staples. Made 25 dollars when buy the s3... This week they have it for 49.99 out the door

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Carrier specific or anything? Only new customers or customers extending their contract also?

ROM

It seems like someplace is doing $49. though, at least ever other weekend. I'd wait for a $49. deal, maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox10 View Post
    I knew someplace would be doing $49. A few months back, someplace was doing $49. approx. once per month. Now, it's almost weekly.

ROM

Guess it would help if I read the entire post hahahaha..glad you got it.

I'm looking at a bluetooth and docking station that will connect to my Smart TV. The code didn't work for my order, so I stopped it and called, have to call them tomorrow, phone support said it should, it is a phone accessory.
    So what's that all about, Kelly? Is it a BT-DS that charges, holds phone upright for viewing, plus lets you BT print, plus sends video via BT to your TV?

So what's that all about, Kelly? Is it a BT-DS that charges, holds phone upright for viewing, plus lets you BT print, plus sends video via BT to your TV?
    Oh talked to them today, they won't consider it a cell accessory.

No it is basically a speaker was found to get one for my mom also that will connect to her Sammy Smart TV. It is just like a speaker system for the ipod, but will contact bluetooth also. My mom needs one for her TV by her bed since her volume will wake the dead. lol

Thanked by:

I ordered my garnet red S3 refurb from AT&T on 1/10/13 for $29.99. My first choice was a Galaxy Note 2, and I was waiting for some refurbished models to come out. It's been only 2 months since the GN2 release, and probably the refurbs wouldn't show up for another few months. A full price phone isn't in my budget now, and I've had good luck with refurbs in the past. Anyways, the $29.99 was too good to pass up. I missed the $29.99 deal in December.

I've had it for several days, and so far, I'm quite happy. Yes, the GN2 would have been nice, but for the $270 I'm saving, that buys a lot of accessories. I'm more of a desktop user anyways. I love my dual monitor desktop rig and am not a cell phone power user anyways.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast