4G network operates on the HSPA+/UMTS 850MHz spectrum band.
I am a Blackberry guy looking to get a S3, from eBay/Amazon but I want to get the right 3G/4G supported band frequency.I live in the Bahamas,the only mobile communications service provider here is BTC/Cable & Wireless 4G network operates on the HSPA+/UMTS 850MHz spectrum band. Based on my research (googling) this would be AT&T is that correct?
- 12-30-2012, 03:26 PM #2
- 292 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4G network operates on the HSPA+/UMTS 850MHz spectrum band.
It is way more complicated than that, but a general rule is that the 850 band would be more widely used in rural areas and large indoor spaces whereas urban areas would tend to operate more in the 1900 MHz band.
your answer really depends on where you are going.
UMTS frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- By MannyZ28 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 17Last Post: 06-25-2012, 11:45 AM
- By Netguysc in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 5Last Post: 06-24-2012, 11:31 PM
- By Jrid32 in forum HTC EVO View 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 12-05-2011, 09:21 PM
- By Father Time in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 08-10-2011, 04:16 PM
- By dan1668#AC in forum VerizonReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2010, 10:46 AM