Lock Status and Unlock Without Other Network Sim Card

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
To get the lock status of S3, I am supposed to key in *#7465625#. It did not work on my S3. My phone was upgraded to AT&T jellybean and rooted, is that the problem?
To unlock the phone, one method is to insert a sim card from other network and the phone will ask for the unlock code. The other method without sim card from other network is to key in #7465625*638#. Did anyone have success in this method? And what OS the phone had when it was unlocked?

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
There is another command set that is purported to work, though I have never had an ATT phone unlock until the foreign chip was in and the imei specific unlock code entered.

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried the above unlock command as well as another one I found. No response from the phone to enter the unlock code. I can only speculate it is from the way I rooted the S3 with Jellybean. I used Mr. Robinson's method to flash the file root66.. with Odin. I think some of the so called Samsung secret commands were not incorporated in root66.

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The only way to carrier unlock the S3 is to insert a sim card from a different carrier, reboot, then enter the imei unlock code when prompted. The ability to make this change via the dialer was taken away. One can simply call att international and request the imei unlock code. Being rooted has nothing to do with the imei unlock.

akarande

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The number is incorrect it should be
Enter the following number on your dial paid (including the # sign)
#7465625*638*#

After entering it, it will show you the unlock screen. Enter your unlock code and hit okay. Your phone is then unlocked successfully.

NOTE: This should work for any of the samsung devices. I am not sure if it works for others (i.e. htc or motorolla)

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
hi somewhat new to Android. don't know if I'm doing this wrong but when I enter a code on phone dailer then call it I always get a Verizon message that call can't be completed. pretty sure I'm not doing something right. any help would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Aklambert67

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
#7465625*638*#

After entering it, it will show you the unlock screen. Enter your unlock code and hit okay. Your phone is then unlocked successfully.

NOTE: This should work for any of the samsung devices. I am not sure if it works for others (i.e. htc or motorolla)

This saved me hours of torture talking to an AT&T rep..thank you so much!!

Shay N

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
#7465625*638*#

Worked on my Galaxy S6.

erczch

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by akarande View Post
#7465625*638*#

I have not tried a new sim card yet, but I did do this procedure just now with a AT&T Mega 2 and AT&T Note 4 and it said "device successfully Unlocked". Thank you!

X3medude

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
#7465625*638*#

Worked on two GS5's on Bell Canada

mathx

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
When I dial this # I get "mobile network not available" with my foreign sim in. (And no "enter sim unlock code" dialog pops up when I boot. Just a notification "sim is from unknown network" or so).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol