Screen half white, and half yellow?

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I got my ATT SIII late November. Since then, I have noticed that my screen is quite yellowish on the bottom half, and almost white on the top half.

This is more noticeable when reading text, and when the screen is dim. It is enough to make me notice on some colors too. I have insurance from Best Buy on it, and it should be in warranty. I disabled the setting that said "auto adjust screen tone to save battery". It helped a little. But not much

My question is, have you noticed this on your phone? Is it common to the SIII due to the Super AMOLED? If it isn't, would you recommend exchanging it?

I looked around but couldn't find a thread specific to this problem.
Thanks in advance!
Lane

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I haven't ever noticed this on my GS3, nor have I ever tried using the "auto adjust screen tone to save battery".
As for commonality, I have read (both here and over on the xda- forums), posts w/ complaints of blue-tinted displays, and I think maybe one complaint about what someone thought was a reddish tint?but then I think was on a Garnet Red GS3.
Seems like most were attributed (by other android user's) to the S-Amoled, and one post referenced ? an international Samsung CS or tech rep.? stating that it (a sometimes noticeable tinting) could also depend on where the display was manufactured.

I'd suggest trying some more searches, as I'm pretty sure you'll find some posts or threads on the topic. ;)

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Mine is the red one. However it isn't a red tint. Lol. Just an uneven yellow. :)
I Did do some searching, but couldn't find my problem specifically. I will have to try again later.
Thanks again,
Lane

Mohamed Mabrouk

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup :/
I noticed this problem couple of days ago in my galaxy note 2
This topic was the only related result when I searched the problem on google lol
I hope someone would find a solution for this issue by now -_-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks