- 26 Posts
Screen half white, and half yellow?
I got my ATT SIII late November. Since then, I have noticed that my screen is quite yellowish on the bottom half, and almost white on the top half.
This is more noticeable when reading text, and when the screen is dim. It is enough to make me notice on some colors too. I have insurance from Best Buy on it, and it should be in warranty. I disabled the setting that said "auto adjust screen tone to save battery". It helped a little. But not much
My question is, have you noticed this on your phone? Is it common to the SIII due to the Super AMOLED? If it isn't, would you recommend exchanging it?
I looked around but couldn't find a thread specific to this problem.
Thanks in advance!
- 01-11-2013, 10:38 AM #2
- 472 Posts
- Stock: Unrooted
Re: Screen half white, and half yellow?
I haven't ever noticed this on my GS3, nor have I ever tried using the "auto adjust screen tone to save battery".
As for commonality, I have read (both here and over on the xda- forums), posts w/ complaints of blue-tinted displays, and I think maybe one complaint about what someone thought was a reddish tint—but then I think was on a Garnet Red GS3.
Seems like most were attributed (by other android user's) to the S-Amoled, and one post referenced – an international Samsung CS or tech rep.– stating that it (a sometimes noticeable tinting) could also depend on where the display was manufactured.
I'd suggest trying some more searches, as I'm pretty sure you'll find some posts or threads on the topic.
- 05-02-2013, 01:17 PM #4
- By danlintz in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 1Last Post: 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
- By IMFAMOUSRED1 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 12-26-2011, 12:08 AM
- By WatermelonSlim in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:56 PM
- By RBasil in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 0Last Post: 03-26-2010, 06:32 PM
- By droidweasel in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 29Last Post: 12-01-2009, 12:49 PM