1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Batttery

I have to say I love my phone and came from and iPhone and hands down iPhone 5 battery wins. I do not care what anyone says but I just cannot bring myself to go back to iPhone so it's not an option. I have both galaxy and iPhone so can compare honestly. With that being said why is it so bad? I have juice defender and not any live wallpaper or anything and close apps
    I don't feel I should have to disable everything because what's the point of having a high tech phone if you cannot use it the way it was intended? I would get an extended battery but cannot live without my OtterBox because my 1 year old plays games on it. Mophie doesn't have enough protection and I don't want to have to carry around a spare battery. I cannot get through the day without needing a charge and it's irritating. Anyone know what makes the iPhone battery last so long? Do you think samsung will consider a better battery for the 4?
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Batttery

Location services are a huge battery waster. Such as fb checking location all of the time, Google now and weather apps.
    Nexus 5-Galaxy S3-iphone 4-iphone 3-original iphone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How would I shut those off?

Default Batttery

If you swipe down from the top of the screen, that will bring up the notification area. There you should see an option to toggle off location services; if you don't see it there, tap the settings icon and it's in there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by texasotts View Post
    I have to say I love my phone and came from and iPhone and hands down iPhone 5 battery wins. I do not care what anyone says but I just cannot bring myself to go back to iPhone so it's not an option. I have both galaxy and iPhone so can compare honestly. With that being said why is it so bad? I have juice defender and not any live wallpaper or anything and close apps
    I don't feel I should have to disable everything because what's the point of having a high tech phone if you cannot use it the way it was intended? I would get an extended battery but cannot live without my OtterBox because my 1 year old plays games on it. Mophie doesn't have enough protection and I don't want to have to carry around a spare battery. I cannot get through the day without needing a charge and it's irritating. Anyone know what makes the iPhone battery last so long? Do you think samsung will consider a better battery for the 4?
    I generally only charge once every 24 hours. But now Samsung has out an extended battery with their battery covers, might want to check into that or some of the settings you have.