Just today, my phone keeps scanning for wifi signals, even after it connects to the strong signal from my router at my home. Anyone else have this problem? It's draining the life out of my battery! Thanks for any help.
- 01-17-2013, 09:26 AM #2
Re: WiFi scanning
O.K. I think that i've figured it out. This battery drain problem only happens when i visit my daughter's house. My phone's wifi connects to her Vizio modem, however she also has a huge iMac set-up. Two big screens that are locked in together(she's a graphics designer), with a separate modem that my phone keeps trying to connect up with. I deleted her iMac modem from my wifi list, and that seemed to solve the problem. I also deleted one app called "battery Mix", and disabled some AT&T bloatware. Now, if i spend the day at her house, my battery level drops to about 80%, instead of 30%. What a difference!
- 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM #4
- 472 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- Stock: Unrooted
Re: WiFi scanning
Good for you! After reading your OP, I was gonna mention that you can also boost the signal strength on your router (or at least on the 2Wire routers) by typing in the routers default gateway in your browsers address bar and then adjusting the power setting under: Wireless Settings > Additional Settings > Power Setting.
I've never had a 'scanning for wifi' issue, but boosting the routers power setting does help increase the signal strength e.g.- so you don't lose it whilst walking around your house, or out in your driveway, etc.
- 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM #5
- By haizzz in forum Android App InventorReplies: 2Last Post: 02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
- By irafcummings in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 9Last Post: 01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
- By NismoZ in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 2Last Post: 01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
- By titanoman in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S IIReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2011, 09:16 AM
- By dylanabby in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2011, 12:45 AM