1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default WiFi scanning

Just today, my phone keeps scanning for wifi signals, even after it connects to the strong signal from my router at my home. Anyone else have this problem? It's draining the life out of my battery! Thanks for any help.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Default Re: WiFi scanning

My SIII has done that from the beginning, as far as I know. I can't say though that it's put any significant drain on my battery, even with being connected to home wifi for hours.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

O.K. I think that i've figured it out. This battery drain problem only happens when i visit my daughter's house. My phone's wifi connects to her Vizio modem, however she also has a huge iMac set-up. Two big screens that are locked in together(she's a graphics designer), with a separate modem that my phone keeps trying to connect up with. I deleted her iMac modem from my wifi list, and that seemed to solve the problem. I also deleted one app called "battery Mix", and disabled some AT&T bloatware. Now, if i spend the day at her house, my battery level drops to about 80%, instead of 30%. What a difference!
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Good for you! After reading your OP, I was gonna mention that you can also boost the signal strength on your router (or at least on the 2Wire routers) by typing in the routers default gateway in your browsers address bar and then adjusting the power setting under: Wireless Settings > Additional Settings > Power Setting.

I've never had a 'scanning for wifi' issue, but boosting the routers power setting does help increase the signal strength e.g.- so you don't lose it whilst walking around your house, or out in your driveway, etc.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 ICS

I have this problem too