Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery issue?

I leave my S3 charged overnight and when I wake up, it notifies me that it's fully charged. Before unplugging it, I usually surf the Internet a bit. It still says it's at 100%. But when I remove the phone from the charger, the battery drops to about 77% (I've had it drop to 60% one time). Is this an issue with me using it before unplugging? Or something else?

Default Re: Battery issue?

Quote Originally Posted by kineticwave View Post
    I leave my S3 charged overnight and when I wake up, it notifies me that it's fully charged. Before unplugging it, I usually surf the Internet a bit. It still says it's at 100%. But when I remove the phone from the charger, the battery drops to about 77% (I've had it drop to 60% one time). Is this an issue with me using it before unplugging? Or something else?
    No that is not normal, could be you have a faulty battery or a lemon phone. A couple things that you can do do troubleshoot...

1. Try charging your phone and then as soon as you get the notification its fully charged, unplug it and use it as normal. See what happens here.
    2. Buy a replacement battery, make sure its an OEM official Samsung battery.
    3. Try a factory reset if nothing else works.
    4. If all else fails... go to store and get a replacement.

I have had issues with previous phones that the battery would drain excessivly fast from 100% to 90% but once it got to 89% it evened out and drained more normal. What is your total time one battery charge when this occurs? It is also possible that the battery calibration is messed up. Are you rooted with a custom ROM or running stock?

If you contact AT&T, they will send you a free battery and then if you are still having the issue, you can trade the phone out without having to spend any extra money.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    No that is not normal, could be you have a faulty battery or a lemon phone. A couple things that you can do do troubleshoot...

1. Try charging your phone and then as soon as you get the notification its fully charged, unplug it and use it as normal. See what happens here.
    2. Buy a replacement battery, make sure its an OEM official Samsung battery.
    3. Try a factory reset if nothing else works.
    4. If all else fails... go to store and get a replacement.

I have had issues with previous phones that the battery would drain excessivly fast from 100% to 90% but once it got to 89% it evened out and drained more normal. What is your total time one battery charge when this occurs? It is also possible that the battery calibration is messed up. Are you rooted with a custom ROM or running stock?
    I'm running on stock. It's not even an excessive drain. It's like the moment I unplug it from the charger it drops instantly to 77%. When this happens, I can get a full day of moderate use; I'm not a heavy user to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by kineticwave View Post
    I had this exact issue as you, I had to get a new phone. It fixed my problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2