- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Stock messaging & battery
I updated to JB last week, but it's only in the past few days that I've been keeping a closer eye on the battery usage. Even though I've sent/received fewer than 15 messages each day, the stock messaging app is using 25%+ of my battery. Yesterday I also noticed that even though my GPS was off and I hadn't even opened the app, google maps was using another 20% of my battery. Any idea on how to fix this?
- 01-18-2013, 08:34 AM #2
- 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM #3
Re: Stock messaging & battery
This is from another thread. Answer by SpookDroid:
"1) Google Now. It's crap in my country so I disabled it (the only thing that worked were weather notifications...and I have widgets for that). Why? It polls for your location CONSTANTLY. That's how it works its creepy magic.
2) After thinking about location polling, I went to Google Maps. For some reason after linking my account it decided to automatically link it to Latitude (which, does anyone use anymore?) and had the 'Location Reporting' to automatic. This was the 'rogue' app. After I turned that reporting thing off, the phone had stellar battery life. "
If you install an app called gsam battery monitor from the play store, you can see which apps are waking your device (open it and click on the bottom area called apps. Then click on the top and go to time held awake). Google Maps had woken my device up over 350 time in an hour. I changed the location reporting options in settings & things are getting better.
- By ahawkua in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2012, 09:52 PM
- By thehustleman in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 09-14-2010, 12:52 AM
- By Adrynalyne in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 08-15-2010, 10:30 PM
- By efrommel13 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 07-25-2010, 04:53 PM
- By cmack in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:58 PM