- 34 Posts
Trouble with data and cellular connections
Good Morning everyone! I'm curious to know if anyone else has had connection issues with AT&T's network in the past couple of weeks. Periodically I will not be able to send any calls nor can I receive them. The person calling me will receive a message that they are unable to make the connection (or something similar). If I make a call then it just drops instantly. Likewise if I try to use my 4G or LTE connection it will sometimes just do nothing. I'm unsure if it's the hardware in my phone, AT&T's network or something with the recent JB update. I tried getting AT&T on the issue and they were able to monkey around with my network settings on their end and when that didn't work they gave me a new SIM card. Unfortunately when I went back for a 3rd time to get some help they gave me the run around and ended up not helping me. Instead they told me to reboot my phone once a day. Which may not be a bad idea but is still a BS answer. So in conclusion, I wanted to get the forums thoughts. I may put CyanogenMod on my phone and see if that does anything. Hell, it may be the OS. :-)
- 01-17-2013, 08:10 AM #2
- 84 Posts
- 01-17-2013, 09:51 AM #3
- 01-17-2013, 02:13 PM #4
- 47 Posts
Re: Trouble with data and cellular connections
Ever since I updated to JB, my connection sucks. Sometimes I will have basic cell coverage (not 3G, not even EDGE... just 4 bars). Sometimes I will have the circle with the X through it, meaning no service at all. This all while sitting at my desk where I've never had an issue before in the past.
Problem now is that I want to take it into the ATT store to talk to them, but I cracked my screen so they'll probably blame it on that.
- By Chondog in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 11Last Post: 03-10-2012, 04:25 PM
- By kgilbertsen in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 12-03-2011, 11:53 AM
- By packer27 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 12-02-2010, 12:37 AM
- By df79transam in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2010, 01:03 PM
- By xLwoodx in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:30 PM