Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble with data and cellular connections

Good Morning everyone! I'm curious to know if anyone else has had connection issues with AT&T's network in the past couple of weeks. Periodically I will not be able to send any calls nor can I receive them. The person calling me will receive a message that they are unable to make the connection (or something similar). If I make a call then it just drops instantly. Likewise if I try to use my 4G or LTE connection it will sometimes just do nothing. I'm unsure if it's the hardware in my phone, AT&T's network or something with the recent JB update. I tried getting AT&T on the issue and they were able to monkey around with my network settings on their end and when that didn't work they gave me a new SIM card. Unfortunately when I went back for a 3rd time to get some help they gave me the run around and ended up not helping me. Instead they told me to reboot my phone once a day. Which may not be a bad idea but is still a BS answer. So in conclusion, I wanted to get the forums thoughts. I may put CyanogenMod on my phone and see if that does anything. Hell, it may be the OS. :-)

Default Re: Trouble with data and cellular connections

Try these posts- not sure if it will help, but sounds like the same issue. Personally, I haven't experienced this issue (to my knowledge), so I wonder if it's an issue with certain coverage areas..

Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Phone Calls Bug
    Missed calls on S3

I have noticed a few times in the last month or so that when I try to surf the web via 4G LTE, nothing happens. The browser struggles to go to the sites. Then a while later, it works fine. Probably typical ATT issues.

Ever since I updated to JB, my connection sucks. Sometimes I will have basic cell coverage (not 3G, not even EDGE... just 4 bars). Sometimes I will have the circle with the X through it, meaning no service at all. This all while sitting at my desk where I've never had an issue before in the past.

Problem now is that I want to take it into the ATT store to talk to them, but I cracked my screen so they'll probably blame it on that.