1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Since 4.1 update, keyboard swype issue

Since I updated to 4.1 the other day, Sometimes when I'm using keyboard swype, the keyboard shows this weird fritz out (for lack of better words) for a quick moment. I haven't noticed it happening when text messaging but it happens a lot when I'm swyping to type in all other apps.

Anybody else having this issue and anybody have a fix? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Since 4.1 update, keyboard swype issue

Exactly what is it doing?

I'm using Swype Beta, it is v1.4 and it seems to work a lot better than the Swype on the phone and it also has some themes with it.

Go here on your phone.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS/Cyanogenmod

i get this same issue as well, seems to be a bug with Jelly Bean as well as loosing some of the settings after a reboot

Quote Originally Posted by zooswanko View Post
    Since I updated to 4.1 the other day, Sometimes when I'm using keyboard swype, the keyboard shows this weird fritz out (for lack of better words) for a quick moment. I haven't noticed it happening when text messaging but it happens a lot when I'm swyping to type in all other apps.

Anybody else having this issue and anybody have a fix? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    I noticed this as well in World War (game) . When typing, the predictive text will flash real quick then it will auto correct what I am typing which is broken when I am trying to type something that is not a word like a combination of letters and numbers.

Y'all should all go to the link above, same product, higher version, free, don't have to register to download it, works much better. Much smoother and much more accurate it seems.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Well, I'm gonna have to try that new v1.4, I guess, Kelly, as my v1.3 is still hanging-up and is actually getting worse. Now, when I try to repy to, or forward, an email, or write a note, etc., my cursor just sits there blinking . . .but the Swype Beta v1.3 keyboard won't even open-up/appear!

And then after it finally does open-up (usually in approx. 30~45 seconds :rolleyes: ), it also hangs/freezes every now & then.

I've been meaning to visit the to see what others are saying about v1.4, but haven't yet. Gotta do something today though. Trying to shake-off a bad cold w/ lots of & tea at present.

Hi Kelly!
    I went to the link for swype and downloaded the installer. Now I don't know what to do with it. I clicked on the link in downloads on my phone and it said "installing". Then it said "done" and "open" at the bottom of that screen. I clicked on "open" and the screen says "swype beta installer" Ver. 2.1 but all I get is a turning circle that never does anything else. What do I do now? I'm lost..........as usual.

thanks for the tip it works great I like the beta version better... no more glitches