1. Kelly Kearns's Avatar
    I'm getting my FOURTH phone in 2 months, this week. My first had nothing wrong with it, there was an issue with the network, knew it was. I wasn't the only one with the problem and I only had it at my house, as did everyone that came to my house. Well they wouldn't start a network ticket and do the minor checking about where I was connecting, etc, until I traded my phone out. Well, each time I traded it out, there was something wrong with it, this time, the wifi and I had enough.

    Now the retention department is shipping me a NIB phone. I'm not doing another Kies update, not gonna. I have a Device Tech Center about 30 mins away from me, they can flash it on there. If my phone doesn't get the OTA update the day I get the phone, should I wait for the OTA or have it flashed?

    Is there a good reason to do one or the other, specifically or should it not make a difference either way?
    01-20-2013 10:00 PM
  2. Shawn Magm's Avatar
    I'm getting my FOURTH phone in 2 months, this week. My first had nothing wrong with it, there was an issue with the network, knew it was. I wasn't the only one with the problem and I only had it at my house, as did everyone that came to my house. Well they wouldn't start a network ticket and do the minor checking about where I was connecting, etc, until I traded my phone out. Well, each time I traded it out, there was something wrong with it, this time, the wifi and I had enough.

    Now the retention department is shipping me a NIB phone. I'm not doing another Kies update, not gonna. I have a Device Tech Center about 30 mins away from me, they can flash it on there. If my phone doesn't get the OTA update the day I get the phone, should I wait for the OTA or have it flashed?

    Is there a good reason to do one or the other, specifically or should it not make a difference either way?
    I did mine OTA without any issues. I don't know if there is any difference between the two. Good luck.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    01-20-2013 11:39 PM
  3. Targon's Avatar
    OTA is available via WiFi right now. As I have said numerous times, uninstall anti-virus on the phone, disable firewall on the computer, and to be safe, uninstall any extra keyboards and launchers from the phone prior to doing the update. Once the update is in place you can put these back on.
    01-21-2013 05:36 PM
  4. k6rim's Avatar
    Maybe I was lucky, but I didn't uninstall or disable anything; just did the OTA download about five days ago, both on my S3 and my wife's S3. Both S3's now have JB and, so far, no issues of any sort.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    OTA is available via WiFi right now. As I have said numerous times, uninstall anti-virus on the phone, disable firewall on the computer, and to be safe, uninstall any extra keyboards and launchers from the phone prior to doing the update. Once the update is in place you can put these back on.
    01-21-2013 09:56 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly bean or wait for root?
    By ffejjj in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
  2. Jelly Bean or $100 for Motorla devices
    By Mellor in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 03:58 PM
  3. should i update to froyo manually or just wait for the ota
    By biggiehead in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:44 PM
  4. D-Inc? Or wait for the Inc-HD?
    By ChezDigital in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 08:49 PM
  5. D-Inc? Or wait for the Inc-HD?
    By ChezDigital in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD