Why is my S3 getting so hot?

marie727

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem, my galaxy S3 is brand new just bought it 3 weeks ago but the back of the phone when holding it gets really hot even if its off and im charging it. Y does this happen?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem, my galaxy S3 is brand new just bought it 3 weeks ago but the back of the phone when holding it gets really hot even if its off and im charging it. Y does this happen?

My S3 gets hot during heavy data usage and charging.. Other than that it's good. The charging seems normal since the battery is trying to juice up ASAP.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

delly86

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My got warm too also with case more heat, but it bad while charging and heavly use the same time, the cpu running crazy it harmful.

marie727

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I will buy it. The phone and battery are brand new. I just got this phone january..

gonzo0203

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Whats the level of brightness at? I run mine at 40% to conserve extra juice, but at times I crank it to high and it warms up on high brightness and playing videos and or games. Or if I'm the phone extended periods of time my battery temp gets hot and is warm to touch. Normally though no problems

Jennifer Hensley

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
You are right that it is the phone. The company that I work for use US Cellular. Between a firmware update and jacked up new billing system on top of the crappy over heating phones they are replacing ALL of the Samsung Galaxy S3's.

:mad: