1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why is my S3 getting so hot?

Does anyone else have this problem, my galaxy S3 is brand new just bought it 3 weeks ago but the back of the phone when holding it gets really hot even if its off and im charging it. Y does this happen?
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Why is my S3 getting so hot?

Quote Originally Posted by marie727 View Post
    Does anyone else have this problem, my galaxy S3 is brand new just bought it 3 weeks ago but the back of the phone when holding it gets really hot even if its off and im charging it. Y does this happen?
    My S3 gets hot during heavy data usage and charging.. Other than that it's good. The charging seems normal since the battery is trying to juice up ASAP.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Thanked by:

My got warm too also with case more heat, but it bad while charging and heavly use the same time, the cpu running crazy it harmful.
    Quote Originally Posted by marie727 View Post

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Buy the spare battery/charger kit: Amazon.com: Samsung Battery Charger/Stand with Battery for Galaxy S3: Cell Phones & Accessories Great thing to have no matter what. See if the included OEM battery also gets hot. If not, you have a funky battery. If yes, maybe you have a funky phone?
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. I will buy it. The phone and battery are brand new. I just got this phone january..

Whats the level of brightness at? I run mine at 40% to conserve extra juice, but at times I crank it to high and it warms up on high brightness and playing videos and or games. Or if I'm the phone extended periods of time my battery temp gets hot and is warm to touch. Normally though no problems

i just bought last week from fido store. they have no explanation. just gave me number to call samsung. i think it is not a good phone

Angry Re: Why is my S3 getting so hot?

You are right that it is the phone. The company that I work for use US Cellular. Between a firmware update and jacked up new billing system on top of the crappy over heating phones they are replacing ALL of the Samsung Galaxy S3's.