1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default texts from iphone

Sometimes i'll get a text and I cant open it, says I have to dl but it wont. Anyone else have this issue? What also bugs me is i'll get a text that was sent to other people. I then get a text when ever anyone reply's.

Default Re: texts from iphone

I have the same problem from time to time. I have no clue what's causing it. It seems to happen with MMS messages.

As far as part two, that's part of the group messaging function of the iPhone. There's nothing you can do to keep it from happening.

When a person with an iPhone replies to a group message it goes to everyone included... that's just an iPhone thing, has nothing to do with the s3

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jay_g View Post
    Sometimes i'll get a text and I cant open it, says I have to dl but it wont. Anyone else have this issue? What also bugs me is i'll get a text that was sent to other people. I then get a text when ever anyone reply's.
    Do you have mms added on your account or a messaging plan that includes mms?

It is asking you to download the media content in the message. If you have data turned off or are in a bad signal area, the download could fail.

As for group messaging, it is not only an iphone thing, as mentioned previously, but Apple was able to sensationalize it with their imessage ads. I can do it on my note 2 as well as my windows phone 8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have mms and text on my plan. It only happens with mms messages from iphone's
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

wanna bump this.

Seems my problems with mms was wifi. On normal cell signal its not an issue.

Why is it that the mms has to be downloaded? Or is it an android thing
    Current phone- AT&T galaxy S4 16gb. 32gb storage. otter box defender. running MF3 ota, rooted and safe strapped
    rom slots 1, used for flashing test roms. my daily driver is alpha v10 on rom slot 2
    old phones- Blackberry curve-> iphone 3gs->iphone 4s->galaxy S3->galaxy S4

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Quote Originally Posted by jay_g View Post
    wanna bump this.

Seems my problems with mms was wifi. On normal cell signal its not an issue.
    MMS only works over the mobile network. And it just asks to download the mms when there is no connection to the mobile network, otherwise it should download automatically.
    Always rooted.