Moving files from SD card to phone
Is there a way to do this? What I REALLY want to do is be able to designate what goes on the SD card and what stays on the phone.
Issue I'm having: I use the Gmail app and when I want to save pictures from the attachments, the files go into the Downloads folder on the card and show up in there without a thumbnail so there's no way for me to see each one without opening them individually. Plus, there doesn't appear to be a way to move them from the SD card to the phone.
I do use Android Assistant and that seems to be the only way I can access the files on my SD card through my phone. Suggestions?
- 01-27-2013, 01:15 AM #2Just a cool guy
- 468 Posts
- Unrooted with Nova Prime
Re: Moving files from SD card to phone
QuickPic, which is an alternative gallery app. I've been using it for years. It should at least let you see thumbnails on the sd card.
There are a ton of file explorers that will allow you to view and move the files on the SD card. Try Solid Explorer or ES Explorer.
I'm not sure why the downloads folder is on the sd card, though. I looked through my settings and couldn't figure out how to move that destination. I'd suggest unmounting the SD card and removing it from the phone. Then restart the phone and download a picture from gmail. It should probably create a new downloads folder on the phone. Verify that works, then put the SD card back in and see if the download destination remains on the phone or if it switches back to the sd card.
- By tmonferdini in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2Replies: 3Last Post: 09-22-2011, 02:49 PM
- By hkrn44 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2011, 11:45 AM
- By RedVan03 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 03-27-2011, 01:25 PM
- By rlrusso21 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
- By jcameron3491 in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2010, 10:22 AM