BEST launcher?

seinx

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
What launcher do you use and why? How does it differ from the rest?

Right now I use Apex and while I love the themes and customization options, I'm not sure if it's the best one out there. I've tried GO as well as others, and there are way too many ads and junk.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Nova Prime. Much faster, and more options, than any other launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

JvKintheUSA

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime for me. Used Apex Pro before,and is very similar to Apex. I like how you can pull down the notification bar by swiping anywhere on the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

syeroc

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I use TSF Shell. A little pricy but absolutely gorgeous launcher. Very smooth. And it works well on both my SGS3 and N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

robinto

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have Nova, is it worth $4 for the prime upgrade, I love the free version and would throw them $2 just to show, how much I like it, but but I want more for $4...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

arriflexFL

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone give me a little information on how a different launcher changes the experience from touchwiz?

Do you need to root your phone to change the launcher?

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone give me a little information on how a different launcher changes the experience from touchwiz?

Do you need to root your phone to change the launcher?

Nope. No rooting necessary. Different launchers basically just let you make changes to the user interface that TouchWiz won't allow. For instance, I use Nova Prime because I like to have multiple and scrollable dock pages. I have three dock pages that contain folders of apps. I use the docks instead of regular home pages for the most common apps I use. Then I can populate the home screens with widgets. But really, the possibilities are endless. I think most of the popular launchers have YouTube videos done either by the developers or people conducting reviews. Check those out for some ideas of what they can do.

I'd suggest looking into a few launchers and checking out the ones you think seem the nicest. I'd recommend Nova. There is a free version you can test to see if you like it. Other popular ones are Apex (very similar to Nova), GoLauncher (be careful, they're a Chinese company and there have been grumblings about how they mine data...it's a good launcher, though, with a TON of themes available), ADW, and LauncherPro (not really in development any more). Zeam is another one, but it's really simple. Oh, and Action Launcher seems to be a really popular new one (good developer).

No one can tell you what the "best" launcher is because your criteria for what makes a launcher great won't be the same as everyone else. Just try a few and see what you like.

Good luck!

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is Nova Launcher for the simple reason that it's the only one that supports GLOBAL Badge Notification (those little red #'s) because once you get use to them you can't go without em!

Here's how--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

ADW & Apex are good too, but without GLOBAL Badge Notifications (because SMS, GMail, Calls aren't enough!) they just don't cut it for my uses.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nova is the best! Easy to use, fast, and awesome

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359710800229.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359710800229.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 116
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359710816980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359710816980.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 831

MachoDonut

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime here too. Among other things already mentioned, I love using gestures instead of buttons. That said, other launchers can do that too. Nova is just my preference.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Nova Prime, here. I played with several others and love the Nova.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

warrencoles

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Why not try out Linpus Launcher. It delivers more ways to launch applications within one tap, as well as the most number of free transition effects of any launcher. You can even choose to have a different transition effect for your Home pages and App drawer.

It also has a Quick Launch Panel - This is an additional shortcut panel. In setting easily set to launch from top, bottom or either side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34